Sunday Service: Heart Attack

(03-12-2023) Bro. Allan Barabat

"Buo talaga dinudurog lang ng iba."

=Heart Attack=

*Romans 9:1-3
"1 I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit--
2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.
3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race,"

The Letter of Paul to the Romans
• the sinfulness of man
• the terrible consequences of sin
• the need for forgiveness
• our lack of righteousness
• a clear realization that all are guilty

*Romans 3:23
"23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Remedy for those:
> DEAD in SPIRIT
> DISOBEY GOD
> DOOM in Eternity

*Romans 9:2
"2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.

> Selflessness and Compassion to the lost soul.

"True selflessness produces true compassion."

"True selflessness is a concrete evidential proof of our true salvation."

4Is on why Christians is not sharing the GOSPEL:
1. Ignorance (Mark 16:15)
"15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

2. Intimidation

3. Indifference
Sakalam = Saka na Lamang mentality

"We have this mentality of not doing any actions, because we don't see the urgency."

"The Gospel is only good news if it gets there in time."
-Carl F.H. Henry (Theologian)

4. Irritation

"Soul Winning: The Heartbeat of God"

*Ephesians 2:8-10
"8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

"May chapa ka to share the Gospel."

*2 Corinthians 5:20
"20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors..."

Ambassador: an accredited diplomat sent by a country as its representative to a foreign country, who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity.

*2 Corinthians 5:20
"20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

"Hearing the Gospel is one thing, seeing the Gospel is another thing."

Puso > Tuhod > Paa (On becoming Christ's Ambassador)

On becoming Christ Ambassador:
1. It starts with the Heart's Desire (Romans 10:1)
"1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.

*Matthew 9:36
"36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

2. From a compassionate heart to a humble knee (Romans 10:1)
"1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved."

*Romans 2:4
"4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

"God's kindness leads you to repentance."

3. From a humble knee to the beautiful feet of those who bring the Good News (Romans 10:14-15)
"14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the Good News!"