Sunday Service: Finish Well

(03-21-2023) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Finish Well=

*2 Timothy 4:7
"7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

How to Finish Well?

*2 Timothy 4:7
"7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

> We can finish well by fighting the 'good fight'.

F-ear
I-nsecurity
G-ive up mentality
H-iya
T-amad

*2 Corinthians 4:8-9
"8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;
9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

"When you are discouraged, you are knocked down."

"When you are living in sin, you are knock out."

*1 Corinthians 9:26b-27
"I do not fight like a man beating the air."

> Importance of Focus and Discipline

27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

> Knocked Out

What is your fight today?
Knocked Down or Knocked Out

"Fighting until your 'opponent' drops dead is the only way you will get out of that ring alive."

*2 Timothy 4:7
"7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith

> We can finish well by 'finishing the race'.

*Hebrews 12:1
"1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

> Put down and throw off everything that hinders.
> Sin is like a trap that capture us (?)

Snares and traps of Satan:
1. Lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21)
"19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

2. Lust of the eyes
3. Pride of Life

"Sin will slow and drag you down."

*Philippians 3:13
"13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

*2 Timothy 4:7
"7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith

> We can finish well by keeping the faith.
+Keep (Greek: tereo --> to by guarding or to watch over)

*2 Corinthians 11:24-29
24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.
25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,
26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers.
27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.
28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

> In all of these sufferings, Paul stood firm.

*Revelation 2:10
"10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.