Chapter 4|| King||The promise of the guardian

I saw her come out of her office and look at her watch and heave a sigh

I saw her come out of her office and look at her watch and heave a sigh. Though I was meters away from her and settled in my Bentley I felt her unique scent ruling the corners of my head. Her scent made me starve in need of her presence beside me. I muttered a spell to cast it around my beautiful Raya who was unaware of the attention of the male species she was attracting with her one hell of a scent. The woman was capable of giving a boner to everyone and everything around her. The invisible spell sprinkled on her tantalizing skin masked her enthralling scent.

My eyes quench their thirst looking at her stunningly dressed in her office outfit. The black square neck top and her high waist striped black pants were exemplary on her golden beige skin making me lick my lips unconsciously. Her wavy hair was dueting with the winds and her big maroon eyes were creating a raging storm inside me. I followed her drive to the store and feasted on her every move.

"She shouldn't be too adorable if she doesn't want me to take her to Razinelle and lock her in my bedroom right now," I lowly groaned to Grey who chuckled at my bewitchment. I knew he was enjoying my misery because my thoughts and self-restraint would be in pieces whenever I set my eyes on her.

"Your Royal Majesty, why aren't you meeting our soon-to-be queen already? And I also think it is a better option to opt for since the coronation is just weeks away." Grey politely suggested with a bow. I knew he was right. It was time for me to make my glorious way in her life and take her as my queen. The queen of my country. The queen of my soul. My most powerful queen to ruin me to bits and bits with longing.

"Perhaps it's never too late." Grey encouraged me with a smile, his eyes sparkling in amusement.

Is he finding solace in finding my insensitive heart robbing away my lucid thinking calibre?

Just get her, my heart irked.

"Not before the stupid engagement of hers," I admitted my eyes conjuring blazing fury at the thought of Aaron proposing to Raya. The city had a harsh downpour like never before in centuries. I was a snap away from losing my head and causing chaos in the household. And if it not had been Grey who bribed my thoughts to sneak into her room, chances of Aaron's castle being dumped in the downpour weren't so less.

"Why am I having the feeling that you won't last long at this rate? And it's pretty weird to find your heart thudding in my ears. I swear, I can hear your heart thud. Why don't you meet her in person and tell her everything?" Grey propounded on hoping grounds, his eyes begging for a positive reaction from my end. Grey was more than my courtier and also a brother I never had. And he was the only soul on earth who knew about my fate with Raya. Our story.

"Why do you think otherwise, Grey? Do you think I'm losing my wits to this petite human? And my favourite Phoenix, you are hallucinating about my erratically beating heart," I bare-faced lied to him. My response to his suggestion earned me a disdainful snort.

"I'll see that soon," he pointed in a challenging manner. I rolled my eyes at the sly smirk that danced on his lips. He was high with impishness if he thought I was already whipped for the petite human.