Chapter 6 || Raya || The man in my dreams

"Kim Taehyung?" I gasped

"Kim Taehyung?" I gasped. Surprise, worry, befuddlement and anger peeked from their shores but the most persuasive tide was anger when he swept me into his arms. His rich cologne hit my nostrils with a tight slap of nostalgia. The warm protective embrace made my nerves tingle with echoes from the past.

"Si, Mea Regina," his breath burned my ears as he whispered the words that made me edgy. At the feather touch of his lips, an indistinct shiver flushed my body and my hands moved to push his arms off. My movements stalled when the buzzing enthusiastic crowd applauded.

Perplexed, my eyes swept over the couple in the middle of the hall. Tears congested my eyes when a sharp pain ruptured my chest. Jabbing my dreams and hopes for my future, bleeding to death. Aaron held Claire's hand and slid in the engagement ring that was meant to be resting on my finger. The painful cries of my heart were dimmed in the howls and claps that echoed throughout the royal chambers.

The world was spinning like a vortex, sucking me into spaces that never ceased their daunting presence in my life. Darkness. Betrayal. Loneliness. Heartbreak.

Was I a joke to them?

Maniac rage painted every sane thought and quarrelled to tear the couple into pieces. The heartbreak was cruel.

Was I never good enough?

My hands fell to the sides at the sight of their entwined hands. The shimmering diamond daunted my face, laughing at my naivety. After what felt like years, my eyes met his eyes which were loaded with a gallon of guilt and remorse. Claire was painted in the deepest shade of maniac jealousy and envy. Why wasn't she rubbing off that she stole Aaron from me? Aaron, whose expression simmered to ablaze as his eyes adjusted along the eyes of someone behind me. To be precise, his eyes were piqued with fury at the sight of someone holding me.

My eyes dipped down to find sturdy arms holding me firm to a herculean figure. The man who I had met on a strange evening. And his voice was so familiar.

"Who are you?" I gritted my teeth in spurn. The humiliation was crawling up my heart. Burning rage consumed every nerve ending, eager to taste the vicious blood of the certain dark brown, thick accent male holding a plastic blonde in his hands. In the whole drama, I placed my interest on the least affairs of this stranger's words claiming me as his fiance. I wanted to scream, yell and slap the shit out of this man enveloping me in his arms, but I was in a shady haze. A haze that wouldn't allow me to push myself off him.

Who was he?

Not really a stranger, Ray.

Just because he gave me a ride back home it would be ridiculous to call him anything less than a stranger.

Why would he do this?

Is he trying to act like Romeo and trying to save me from the humiliation of the royal crowd?

Should I carry the charade on my shoulders until the evening vanishes into nothing?

Why would God forbid every happiness from my name?

Why me?

The haste turmoil of charring betrayal and anguishing torment was shattered when his sensual whisper reached my ears. "You know me," Kim Taehyung grinned at me, spinning me on my heels until I was face to face with him. His sharp visage mimicked the perfection of Adonis himself. So sinfully handsome and suave. His strapping muscles were ripe with taut under my touch. His hazel pools with flecks of gold forming a powerful ring around his iris was a disaster to women kind. Should I go with the flow and get my revenge on Aaron? His eyes were ashen and his face charred in jealousy looking at my proximity with the man holding me like his prized possession.

"Why are you doing this?" My voice is bombarded with scepticism and fury. Why would he want to help me? What was the catch? Did he know about my grandma's firm? He is terrible if he pins his desires on my firm thinking my grandma would ever spare him a glance for being my fiance.

"Raya," the disgusting voice of the cheater caught my attention, who was making his way to my stance. The crowds were disintegrated by the escorts, leaving a scarce crowd. In other words, it was me, Aaron, Claire and Kim Taehyung. My gut churned at Aaron's eyes, fastening me with his possessiveness. A jolt of electricity struck me when Kim Taehyung gripped my chin. His strong fingers gripped my chin, averting my disturbed gaze back on him. "We are getting engaged tomorrow." He enounced drawing my face close to his with his. Aaron's menacing growl emanated in the air which was stomped by the nefarious look Taehyung shot him.

Resentment sprang to life along with bile in my throat. Resentment towards my body for not feeling a twitch of disappointment from his actions. Bile corroding my windpipe in exasperation at his words.

"I beg your pardon, Your Royal Majesty. This is not right. She was supposed to be mine----Aaron's disdained words were shattered when a venomous growl ripped from Kim Taehyung.

Aaron was cowering from Kim Taehyung who was holding me with his might. The soft lights and glittering chandeliers of the vaulted high ceilings conjured a dark aura. Kim Taehyung's face darkened like midnight, red overpowering the golden flecks around his iris.

Claire ran to Aaron's side and tried her best to restrain him. Aaron on the other hand was contorting a murderous rage. He pushed Claire's hands off him and bowed his head in submission.

Who are you, Kim Taehyung?

Why does Aaron address him as Your Royal Majesty?

Why is he threatening everyone?

Who are you?

The battle of dominance was long lost when the grandeur door opened and emerged was a woman in her late fifties who wore every inch of arrogance as her face mask. She was dressed in a baby blue one-piece with white embroidery and pearls and entered the hall. She was not any ordinary woman as her crown spoke volumes of her tagline. She was screaming royalty and arrogance when she scrutinised me with her judgemental eyes and didn't bother masking the blatant vexation of aversion at my presence.

The familiar-unfamiliar woman was the former queen of Razinelle, Serya Vindacia.

"Kim Taehyung," she called him with authority making a wild claim.

"Grandma," he smiled at her in gentleness. My eyes stalked his expression to find him in his calm calibre while I was losing my wits.

"Who are you?" I whispered breathlessly, praying my assumption was wrong. It wouldn't hurt to be at the failing attempt once.

"Grip your manners with the way you grip my grandson. I'll never tolerate your brashness. He is your King, Kim Taehyung. The one and only ruler of Razinelle, the most powerful kingdom to exist on Earth." His royal grandma chided my impishness when I was struck by her confession.

He is your King, Kim Taehyung.
Ruler of Razinelle.
The most powerful kingdom.

We are getting engaged.
You are my fiance.
My soon-to-be wife.

This is not true. I had been stuck in a freaking fantasy soap on Netflix. I shouldn't have slept like a dummy when I was watching soaps. This is getting on my nerves.

Wake up, Ray!
Wake up!

"This is Raya Xenia, my one and only woman, Grandma. And I wouldn't mind her addressing me as her servant. I'm hers to keep," he announced it coolly as if it was nothing serious.

When it was the first ever time I had been seeing him, excluding the rainy day, how on earth I became his one and only woman?

Who is he?
Why is he doing this?

"And I'm Kim Taehyung, the man of your dreams, Raya," he said before his lips planted on mine.

**********************************
Bear with me if the update was short. I'll make it up with the next update.

Share your views!