Chapter 26 || Whispers and hugs

"Raya

"Raya." A distant faded echo tingled my nerves from my sleep. 

"Raya." It was coming once again but not very distant.

"Raya." It was a soothing whisper of the man whom I dearly held.

"Raya, my daughter." I heard my father's honey-dew voice gliding in my veins but it was all darkness when I opened my eyes. I squinted my eyes when a huge hurricane rumbled to life. 

"Dad?! Are you here?" I screamed at him running towards the distant echo that touched my soul. 

"You need to listen to me, Raya." He sounded urgent. A gyrating force roared I'm front of me and I knew it was him. I couldn't feel his presence but he made his essence coiling around me in echoes of truth.

"Why can't I see you, dad? Where is mom?" The helplessness resonated wildly in my tone. I was frantically trying to make my way past the darkness to reach the wavering echoes. The echoes of my dad. 

"You need to take the claim, Raya. You need to claim the throne to stop the call. The throne needs you, Raya." He whispered urgently but with his voice laden with heavy responsibility. 

"What claim, Dad? I don't need anything. I want to see Mom and you. Take me with you." I cried to the fading voice running in the direction of the remaining misty words. The frustration was growing over my heart and twisting it painfully. My head weighed like a million rocks were bandaged to it with iron. 

"You called upon destiny, Raya. You unravelled the past. You made him promise. You need him more than he needs you." My feet stuck to the unveiling darkness and I felt them swallow my movements. The weight of the truth hung heavily around my chest. Before I realised the meaning behind my dad's words a harsh wind flung me back from the darkness and threw me back to life. The man was calling out for me like he did in the cafe. This time I gave him a stiff nod as I reared back to like and he was not as dishevelled as he was in the cafe. He took in my form which was neither choking on fear nor shivering in pain. He tried to read the uncanny response etched on my face. But with his stoic expression, I knew he failed. 

I was contemplating. Contemplating the words of my dad which certainly didn't make me feel great. Why would he make such a statement about a person who kidnapped his daughter and made threats about her loved ones? Was I so doomed already in his luring charms of magic that I started imagining myself building a future with him through these mystical scenarios in my head?

Suddenly a voice boomed No in my head and that oddly sounded like the hoarse angry voice of my Dad.  

When I was trying to absorb my Dad's words, the glorious pronouncement of the King of Razinelle made their thunder come back with a vengeance that I hardly gave them their rightful sense of pressure inside my head. My already limited space brain was coughing up because of the two loud and vehemently huge truths sitting in the centre leaving no space to even sidestep them.