ep 17: what she knew but couldn't say.

"You know what you have to do now right?" "Of course, Tam! But how can I say this shit when it's going to hurt us both?" "I don't know. all I can say is this: do it before someone else says something. the truth hurts more than the lie."

Ty'Vonn talks on the phone with her aunt in the home office about her being infertile and how to spill it to her wife, Letitia. They were both people who hated knowing things at the last moment and Ty was more so afraid of Letitia's reaction to the news. She couldn't have kids, that's the thing she wanted so badly: a family of her own. Maybe one day, a miracle might happen but until then, this would have to suffice.

Weeks turned months after Ty is kidnapped and brutally beaten by Leroy, Ty'Vonn is all better and moving at her own pace. Today was the day she would get to know her half-sister or at least try to. Siryn was a gentle soul but she felt offend by the sudden motion that Ty was under like Ty'Vonn wanted nothing to do with her. Siryn didn't want to push her or more so, force it. She wanted to ease into it starting with a simple 'Good Morning', just to be there; Ty already made her feel like she hated her guts.

Her mind swallowed her whole as she came up with multiple statements and ways to tell Tish, 'She's infertile.' Many times, she planned out how the conversation would go in her head; all Ty could do was stay silent. Walking to where Letitia was, as there was a weird discovery last night at their front door: Zionnie and Asante were alive. There were many questions rising in everyone's head including Letitia's. Mainly of will she remain the heir of Guyana Tribal. Hearing footsteps, Letitia looks up from the conversation with her parents who were somewhat alive, and sees her wife standing there in the doorway of the living room. "How did this come about? Like were you planning to fake your deaths or?" Letitia asks her mother and father. "We don't know darling. All we can say is that at the time there was a way for us to still live, not the way of immortality, but more like a medicine that will help both of us be not dead. I can't exactly explain it but yes we are very much alive. So... yeah." Zionnie somewhat explains the situation at hand.

Sighing, Letitia is nervous inside because a lot has changed. She got married and her sworn enemy is dead along with her uncle. It's a little out of hand but she'll have to say something. Noticing how her wife has been off to the side and very standoffish with her, like she's hiding something. Now there was no secrets between the two of them, although this one could either tear them apart in the meantime or keep them together. "Hey baby, you doing okay?" Letitia asks Ty. Her parents turn around to see a 23 year old Ty'Vonn standing in the doorway, as she looks at the older women and man that are her wife's parents; Ty'Vonn remains in shock at how she is meeting Letitia's parents after a while, 'but didn't Tish say they were dead?' Ty recounts the conversation in her head at the beginning of their relationship. "Yeah, babe. I'm doing well. I'm guessing they are your mom and dad? How are you doing today?"

Wanting to be polite and warm hearted towards the two people that gave her wife a life to live, she introduces herself. "We are doing good and how are you doing, little lady?" Asante asks the girl who has taken his little girl's heart. "I'm doing good, sir. My name is Ty'Vonn and you must be Asante and Zionnie, if I'm not mistaken? Your children have told me a lot about you, all good things."

Both parents are shocked at the sudden introduction, but they soon take it with ease, "Yes sweetheart. I'm Asante and this is Zionnie. Letitia where did you find this girl?" Asante laughs. The comedic timing could not be perfect for this moment, "Oh. You know, I had kidnapped her, or as you say so." Letitia says with such humor when in actuality is what happened. Zionnie looks at Ty'Vonn with such motherly love as she remembers being best friends with Jameson, the lady with bright smile. In her beautiful accent, Zionnie asks Ty'Vonn, "Was your mother named Jameson Allens?" Ty gasps as the woman says her mother's name. In curiosity, Ty says "Yes. How did you know my mother?" "We were the best of friends then. Whatever happened to them by any chance?" Zionnie asks. Both women look at each other in sorrow and pity, as Ty begins to say, "My mom died along with my dad. They were killed by a rival mafia, mam." "I'm guessing these were the Apio-Cartwrights, correct?" Ty and Tish look at Asante in confusion as to how he knows the family that killed her parents. "Yes, the uncle of the family killed my parents. How did you know?" Ty asks Asante.