『5』

─── ❝ 【Oneirataxia】 ❞ ───
⁽ⁿ.⁾ ᵀʰᵉ ⁱⁿᵃᵇⁱˡⁱᵗʸ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵗⁱⁿᵍᵘⁱˢʰ ᵇᵉᵗʷᵉᵉⁿ ᶠᵃⁿᵗᵃˢʸ ᵃⁿᵈ ʳᵉᵃˡⁱᵗʸ

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ: ʙᴏᴅʏ ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ, ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴅʀᴜɢꜱ, ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ

ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ:

Colors flying. That's the first thing I see, so many colors all around me. I turn around only to see even more bright, bold colors in front of me.

Each color flying in a different pattern. Like they are rushing to get somewhere. And I'm just blocking their path.

As I stand still in shock. The seemingly alive colors swerve around me. Completely ignoring my existence.

'Is this what people feel when they are high?'

I am on drugs.

That was the only conclusion I can take from this overly confusing situation. It might seem dumb but this whole situation is even dumber.

'I feel like Alice when she was in wonderland.' I started to sympathize with her until another thought struck me.

'Does that mean...

that Alice was taking drugs?!'

Not that thought! This was the thought that struck me out of my hypnotized state. 'Is this the experiment they were talking about?'

My thoughts of Alice taking...questionable...substances...Were replaced with panic ones.

I knew that at one point they were going to start this experiment. But I didn't actually think it was happening right now!

The suspicious messages of past victims, the intercom, the daily torture. All those evidences leading up to an experiment that has been repeated many times before me.

But this isn't what I was expecting. At least it's better than hearing that annoying intercom daily.

So my new conclusion is that I was NOT on drugs. And I am most definitely in a mental experiment. Or it could be both mental and physical...

Moving those thoughts aside, I need to keep my sanity in this...

dream?

I don't know how to describe this. The confusing, bright colors moving so fast. So many things are moving around me that it is making me sick.

My eyes started to burn after looking for anything that made sense. Surprise, surprise! I  found nothing that made sense!

I only found more colors that I never knew existed. And found a bright, yellow, brick road..?

'Wait...'

My body was moving on it's own. I feel my legs running faster and faster towards something I craved to see in such a long time.

A human. More specifically, a little girl. She was standing in the middle of the yellow, brick road. She had her back facing me, and I noticed she wore some sort of Victorian dress? The dress was a deep, red color with white frills on the bottom.

She had long, wavy hair with a color that I have never been so attracted towards. A deep brown, but it was different. I couldn't describe it, as soon as I saw it I stopped running towards her. I was stuck in a trance.

Looking at the dark brown hair which only hypnotized me more.

I was only a couple of feet away from her. As she began to turn towards me. My face ran cold.

I know I haven't seen humans in such a long time. But her face was definitely not normal. It was anything but normal.

She had two empty eye sockets. With one eye missing, I frantically searched for her other eye. Assuming it was gone also. I was quickly proven wrong when I saw a green eye that reminded me so much of a forest. Placed in the middle of her face...

She had flawless brown colored skin. But normal human features weren't in their normal spots.

Her nose wasn't in an odd spot. Because she didn't have one. She had lips that were naturally colored dark red. But they also weren't in there normal spot.

Her delicate lips were in the middle of her forehead. Smiling at me.

"Welcome," Her voice sounded like a normal, regular, little girl. Even if there was a bit of disappointment laced in her voice. She paused a bit before continuing her sentence,"to your new home #496."

I didn't care if she was human or not. I was starving for any sort of contact. So I answered.

"Young lady, if you may be so generous and answer a question that has been prancing on my mind recently?"

Yes, I answered like a man in the 1800s. What about it? I promised myself I would make this miserable life entertaining. So of course speaking like a gentleman in the 1800s would entertain me.

When I was off into my own little world. The young child looked quite taken aback. As if it's her first time speaking to someone like me. Which to be fair, is probably true.

"Now what is this question? If it's about your new home, then I won't know the answer to that. Sadly..." The last word she muttered, which I couldn't hear because I'm deaf from that annoying intercom.

I was about to tell her my question. Until I felt a wind of air swing at me. And next thing I knew, I was knocked out on the floor.

'I wanted to talk to her more, sad face.'

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 856
ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ: ✓