Chapter 10

"Anakin, Zaniyah, my long-range transmitter has been knocked out.  Retransmit this message to Courscant."  I slid my chair over to the button, but before I could hit it, Padme's pressed the button.  She gave me a sly smirk before returning her attention back to the hologram.  I chuckled before I to gave all my attention to the hologram.  We were back on the ship, listening to the message that Artoo wanted us for.  It was a message from Obi-Wan who was apparently on Geonosis.  "I have tracked the bounty hunter, Jango Fett..." I scowled at the mention of the name.  The scoundrel calls himself a "Mandalorian" and takes pride in his heritage.  I felt a hand slip through mine and I smile.  Anakin.  I give the culprit a smile before turning back to the hologram.  "To the droid foundries on Geonosis.  The Trade Federation is to take delivery of a droid army here, and it is clear that Fixedly Gunray is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala.  The Commerce Guilds and the Corporate Alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming an... Wait!... ah...Attack!" My eyes grow wide when I see the Jedi take out his lightsaber and back away to reveal a monstrous droid that I've never seen before.

                    The scene changes to the frowning face of Mace Windu.  "We will deal with Count Dooku.  The most important thing for you two, Master Kryze and Anakin, is to stay where you are.  Protect the Senator at all costs.  This is your priority." I jump in before Anakin could embarrass me.

                     "Understood, Master." Here nods to me before the hologram switches off.  I look over at Padme who is shaking her head at me.  

                      "They'll never get there in time to save him.  They have to come half way across the the galaxy.  Look,"  She presses a few switches before a little map of the galaxy came into view on the screen.  "Geonosis is less than a parsec away."  I walk a little to stand next to her and observe the diagram.  Before I can say anything, the annoying apprentice beats me to it.

                        "If he's still alive." I whirl around and glare at him.

                       "Anakin! Are you just going to sit here and let him die?? He's your friend... your mentor..."

                        "He's like my father!"  I look at him surprised when he yells at me.  Padme's is looking at both of us, flicking her head back an forth between me and Anakin.   "You heard Master Windu.  He gave us strict orders to stay here." That didn't sound like my Anakin.

                         "He gave you both strict orders to protect me, and I'm going to save Obi-Wan." I grinned at my 5'4 savior.  Padme really knew how to stop an arguement.  Padme whirls her chair around and starts flicking some switches.  In a couple of seconds I hear the engine fire up.  "So if you both plan to protect me, you will both just have to come along." I smile and look up at Anakin.  He's smirking down at me.  I slide into the co-pilot's seat before he could and I grab the controls.  He chuckles and stands behind my chair.

                                        *Time Skip*

                            After a little while, Padme gave up her seat to Anakin so she could go rest.  I didn't say a word to Annie, neither did he.  We were comfortable in each other's silence, I felt something was going to happen.  Either good or bad.  We finally arrived at Geonosis. Surprise, surprise! It's nothing but another giant dustball! Yay! I'm not going to describe it, because there's just not much to describe.  Still want me to describe it? Fine.  It's a dustball. With more sand and dust. Wow. Amazing description Zani!  What was I doing again? Oh yeah!  

                          "See those columns of steam straight ahead? They're exhaust vents of some type." I looked up and nodded towards the columns of steam steaming out of the surface.  Anakin nods his head.