The Distance ↭ Yelena Belova

Yelena and you started dating a few months before the blip. You were on a break from the xmens team, and she was taking time off to hang out with you. When it all happened, she came back with a thirst for revenge after realizing that Natasha had died. No one explained her death, however Valentina promised that she would tell what had happened.

She was no longer your Yelena, and she did not spend much time with you. She traveled all over Europe seeking information and doing dirty jobs to get it. What you got were only phone calls, which were made late at night to you.

The city seemed darker, even with the Christmas lights. You couldn't get the nostalgia of Christmas knowing that Yelena was around the world seeking revenge that could take her own life.

When your phone rang, you answered it without a second thought. It was 2am, it could only be one person calling you at that hour.

"Lena."

"Hello my Darling."

"When are you coming home? My freedom is useless without you here."

"I really wanted to hang up this call and fly to you."

"But you can't"

"Soon I'll be there..."

"I cling to the idea that what remains for us to live is so good that distance cannot erase." You confessed, even though you hated the idea of being so far away. "Distance can't rip away what I feel here in my chest."

"I know you're scared." She said, knowing she could read you by the tone of her voice. "Save your kisses for me. Shut up your fears, which keep you from sleeping without me."

You sighed and were silent for a moment, just listening to Yelena breathe.

"I feel your breath, it's as if the distance becomes small."

"Soon I will be there, I found out who killed my sister, who was responsible."

You could hear the hope and anger hidden in her voice.

"Who?"

She hesitated a little, as if thinking twice whether to tell you.

"Clint Barton."

You held your breath for a few seconds. Clint was the person responsible for saving your life from the hands of Hydra. He who brought you to the Xavier mansion.

"Are you sure?"

"Valentina found out."

"Lena, Clint would never hurt Natasha." You said, with fear in your voice, you knew what she would do to him. "Let me talk to him to find out what happened?"

Yelena was silent for a few seconds. As if she was thinking about what to say to you.

"I don't want to know." She said more seriously. "I will revenge my sister, Y/N, nothing will stop me.

"Not even me?"

" Not even you."

And so she ended the call.

Yelena didn't call you on any day after that, she refused your calls and didn't answer your messages. You warned Clint, about the danger he was in, and promised to protect him. Clint told you what happened, and you readily believed him, because he was your savior.

You became his security, even if you didn't stay by his side every moment, you protected him. When he left for New York, you stayed at a safe distance, only to see Elena standing on one of the rooftops near your hotel ready to attack him. You flew up to the roof and stopped on her side.

"Lena."

The blonde didn't turn around, she just stopped, moving her eye away from the gun sights. You approached her, yet she didn't move.

"I told you I wouldn't stop." She said, getting up, turning to you. "That even you wouldn't stop me."

A shock ran through your body, you lost control and fell to your knees facing her.

"I loved you, but Natasha was my sister."

Your vision darkened as the shock grew more intense.

"You should have waited for me."