When Love Escapes ↭ Natasha Romanoff

You always knew that love was complicated, but you never imagined that it would be so exhausting. Of course, love had its good sides, but fighting for someone, when it was not reciprocated, was exhausting. Natasha was a rough diamond to be shaped, she needed to be earned and cared for every day, but she was not open enough to be loved.

Natasha, on the other side, couldn't because she didn't know what she was feeling. At some point, she knew she loved you, but she was lost in the feeling. Love was like stray bullets that Natasha could dodge.

She stood in your doorway for a few minutes, until you noticed, with your super acute senses, and went to the door. You could read her expression like no other, so when you noticed her gaze, you let her into your room. You could feel from the change in her surroundings that she was a little afraid.

"I know why you are here." You said, controlling your voice so as not to sound like how broken you were. "Tell me you are leaving and not coming back, but don't tell me where you will go." You remained with your back to her so as not to break your own heart. "I know how to keep my promises, I promise I won't come looking for you."

"Y/N, I swear, I wanted to be with you a lifetime, but plans don't always come true." She said, leaning on your shoulder, gently turning you towards her. "But I can't force my heart, and I can't fool your heart and..."

"... And suffer for both of us." You added.

She looked into your eyes, and watched the tears fall from them. She pulled you into a hug, caressing the back of your neck, as you hid your face in her neck.

"Love me again when you forget that you once cried, and I was the reason." She whispered in your ear. "I tried to be in love all the time and I couldn't." Your crying intensified and it broke Natasha's heart. "Don't dig up kisses from the past, don't look for healing in my heart." She pulled away and looked you in the eyes again. She brought her hands gently to your face, wiping away your tears. " Find someone who begs for your kisses, someone who is not afraid of the future. I, who have not been able to keep my promises, promise I can take it."

It was as if love had left, and like any feeling, when love escapes it doesn't say goodbye.