I Don't Deserve to Come Back ↭ Yelena Belova

"Erase my name from every sentence you say, don't think about calling me again."

You could still hear all the things she had asked you that night.

"Burn my pictures, it's not fair for it to continue in your life, lose my shadow if it follows you again."

She had tears in her eyes, but she didn't dare look at you. Your heart sank deeper and deeper into your chest.

"Don't pronounce me in vain if your heart is still half broken, because I don't deserve to come back."

She was right, you couldn't think about her while all she could think about was revenge. She needed to bring justice to Natasha, while you just wanted to live the grief in your own way.

"Close all the doors, that when I left were left open, because I don't deserve to come back."

She had her own demons to fight, you had your own insecurities to fight. At some point, you knew she loved you, but you knew that love was not enough to keep that relationship going.

"You earned the right to hate me, and making it easier became my duty. No one ever made it up, that God who redeems all my sins and I don't deserve to come back."

Yelena knew that she did not deserve your forgiveness. She did not deserve to be forgiven for having become who she had once promised never to become. She had promised never to change.

"Don't try to forgive me, I never wanted you well." She pleaded between cries. "Don't try to forgive me because I haven't forgiven myself." Her heart was already shattered into a thousand pieces when she said, "Give my poor conscience a rest, because I don't deserve to go back."