3.

Meggy walked into the kitchen, seemingly looking for something. She saw Mario hunched over at the countertop and she walked over to him and noticed that he was asleep.

Next to him, was an empty plate with some marinara sauce still on it and an empty glass next to him, probably having contained wine or some alcoholic beverage at some point. She picked it up and sniffed the inside of the glass, recoiling slightly at the familiar scent of Bourbon. Meggy sat in the seat next to him and just waited next to him for him to wake up.

She looked over to see Melony walk into the kitchen too with Axol Jr in her arms. She was just chatting with him, not noticing her nor Mario in there too.

Meggy just sighed to herself as she watched Mario, waiting for him to wake up. She felt horrible that he wasn't willing to let himself participate in a silly Halloween Game, but she also knew that sooner or later, it would become an annoyance to others around them, herself included.

Luigi followed fairly quickly to enter the kitchen.

Melony: Luigi, what did you write your fear as?

Luigi: I don't know. I would have to say I put suddenly vanishing from existence.

Melony: Ooh. Scary. I put down being held at gunpoint.

Luigi: That's your biggest fear?

Melony: It's not the fear of the gun. It's the fear of is the person gonna pull the trigger?

Luigi: I guess that's pretty creepy if I think about it.

Melony turns and sees Meggy sitting at the bar counter.

Melony: Meggy, how about you?

Meggy: Hmm?

Melony: What did you write down?

Meggy: Oh...Uh...I wrote down losing all my friends.

Melony: Woah. That's a deep one.

Meggy: Yeah.

She looks over to Mario, who was still dozing off, but starting to show signs of waking up.

Meggy: If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here today.

Luigi: I suppose that's true.

Melony: Why are you so afraid to lose everyone?

Meggy: I...I had little to no friends growing up in Inkopolis. Maybe one or two I still keep in touch with, but no one serious. You all are like family to me. If I lost you all...then...I don't know what I would do.

Luigi: That's a fair statement. I would be terrified of that too. That's a real deep fear, Meggy.

Melony: Yeah. You aren't alone on that kind of fear.

Meggy: Thanks, guys.

Mario: Ngh...

Meggy: Alright, he's awake. Could...you two, give us a moment?

Axol: Sure thing.

Melony: We will be right out in the foyer.

The two leave after getting a couple snacks for everyone else in the Foyer. Meggy looked over to Mario and saw that he was starting to lift his head.

Mario: Ngh...M-Meggy?

Meggy spoke with no emotion in her voice.

Meggy: Hey.

Mario: Is...something wrong?

Meggy: Yeah. Something is wrong.

Mario: Can I help?