Chapter Ten

"Someone stole your friend's vision? That's not good! We have to go get it back." Aether says.

"I agree. Whoever did this won't get away with it." You say.

If someone took your last thing connecting you to Columbina...

Well, let's just say they'd wish you'd just cut their throat and be done.

Kazuha smiles a small smile.

"Thank you." He says gratefully.

"Do you have any idea on where they went?" You ask.

"I think they went to the further islands of the Guyun Stone Forest." Kazuha says solemnly.

You nod.

"Then let's go find them and make them pay."

--------------

To your surprise, it really doesn't take you all that long to find the culprit.

Maybe it was because the islands are small, maybe it was because of your determination.

Or, maybe it was because of Kazuha's insane sense of hearing and smell.

And you thought you had an amazing attunement to nature.

"Hey. You took something that belongs to him." You say sternly, nodding at Kazuha.

The masked man's eyes grow dark.

"I'm not fighting either of you for the stupid vision." The thief says coldly.

"So you think that you get to take a prize you had the possibility to win simply because you knew you couldn't win it?" You ask in disbelief.

"Hah! What are you going to do? Cry about it?" The thief asks mockingly.

"I can see why the gods didn't give you a vision." You mutter, just loud enough for Kazuha and Aether to hear, but just quiet enough for the thief to miss it.

"You're a thief, yes? You see, I'm a man of custom. And you see, in Inazuma, when one catches a thief, they have two options. The first is to hang them from a tree and cut out their tongue. This is, since they are already a thief, to prevent them from becoming a liar as well. And the second option..." Kazuha summons his katana and unsheathes it slightly. "...is to brand the word 'THIEF' in bold letters on their forehead as to warn others of their tendencies. So then I ask you. Option one or option two?"

The thief's eyes widen.

"W-what makes you think you could do any of those things to me?" The thief asks.

You summon your own sword, palming the hilt between your hands.

"You stole that vision because you knew you couldn't defeat neither myself nor Aether. Both he and I are willing to fight for Kazuha's vision. Do you really think you could beat both of us in a fight? Are you stupid?" You ask.

You notice the thief's hands begin to shake.

Without another word, he turns tail, drops the vision, and runs away quickly.

Aether takes a step forward, but you grab his shoulder.

"It's not worth chasing him." You say, shaking your head.

Kazuha silently picks up the grey vision from the mud and cleans it with his black sleeve.

"Oh yeah. Kazuha, since I won the Crux Clash, I officially give my prize to you." You say.