Gruen's Pawns

( A/N: Gonna be honest most of this chapter is the source material so if you haven't read chp.7-8 yet don't read case spoiler. if you did and don't wanna re-read then ill let you know when we get back to the main story)

We walk into what looks to be classroom. " Um, Guren?" I ask and i see Sayuri in front of all the students " Ah, Lt. Guren your back," she blushes. she always had it in for him but Guren does not seem to feel the same way." Yes. I'm back now why is it so loud in here "  we all look at the back of classroom and I see Yu and some other kid glaring at eachother with another on trying to break them up. " ah those two again " guren says and Sayuri nods. Yu pushed the guy he was glaring " Wait Kimizuki, Stupid Guren here. Hey, Guren give me my demon weapon already!."  The guy who i think i've heard oF before push you back " Shut up and let me talk, Lt. Colonel Ichinose would you please explain why you disappeared for 10 days ? I Think we're strong enough to form a contract with a demon weapon."  

Guren laugh a bit. " You fools think you're able to from contract with them are you?" Yu Yell " Of course we are! Kimizuki Might not. but i know I am !"  the boy name Kimizuki and Yu start fighting again and Guren turn to sayuri " What do you think?" He ask . " Well they are a lot stronger then i was when i was 16." she says " and the other Guren say " Surprisingly Saotome -chan is the best one with physical resistance against demons." Guren look at all of them Well i Don't like to complicate things so lets give them a shot" He draws his sword

" Lt. Guren are you serious !" Sayuri says  and Yu and Kimizuki looks over . " For anyone that doesn't make it.  Blame it on not training hard enough." He stabs his sword into the ground and the room goes dark with his demon running a rampage through the class. Students start passing out  and the walls crack up. " Don't over do it Guren. These are kids you know " with that he withdraws his swords and look around

" Now for those who were knocked out. You have the potential keep training. For those who are still standing. Your are superior and I will let you challenge A black demon series weapon. The same Rank as my sword." He smiles and look around  " Guren you can't be for really " I Protest. He ignores me " So that Yu, Kimizuki,Yochi... " he looks over at a girl that reminds me of Mahuri " Ugh I wished you passed out!" He groans and she giggles " its as excepted, Your are a member of the Hiagri Family.Jeez what a Turn off " He says and my mouth drop a bit . So that has to be her little sister Shinoa  I believe her name was. " What are you talking about I'm Loads cutie " She smiles "Just die " Guren says leading them out and she just laugh.

As we walk down Sayuri and Guren talk about how they're sure if yochi who was the boy trying to break up that fight with Yu and Kimizuki is gonna be ok. In my mind I honestly can't believe Guren gonna do this. It's crazy! But then again I shouldn't be surprised as long as I've know him he been this way. " shut up already " he look back at yochi " Yochi are want revenge from the vampire for your sister right?" he asked and he mumbles something and Guren goes on "You are willing to put your life on the line for this right?,or would you rather give up? If you're scared then you better leave" he says. Yochi looks down " Yochi, You might wanna go. this is the type of place for nice guys like you" Yu tells him. "So Yu finally made friends hm" I think. The boy grips his fist and  say " Lt. Ichinose I want to do this, I want to be stronger. To protect those I care about!". Guren Smiles " Ok then lets go" He says.

We get to the bottom and sayuri goes back up to help out with the kids that... didn't pass Guren test. I look around " I haven't been here in a long while" I say Guren glance at me  and tells his students how the ceremony goes. They pick out their weapon and draw. Immediately to passed out to meet their demon.

I sit on the step." Guren are you sure yu ready for this?" I ask Worried Guren sits next to me " Well now I'll know for sure, You shouldn't mother him so much hana" He tells me " He's a lot stronger then you know miss " Shinoa says to me. then I remember  I never introduced himself but i'll let it slide for now I'm sure she would like to remember the girl that called her sister a monster. However I was just extremely upset and really who could blame me.

Awhile later both Kimizuki and Yu woke up. Both of them had their weapons  and I can't believe it. These weapons only few people in the entire military can use them and these kids. It doesn't make sense but then Guren must know something he not sharing with me right now. A moment later Yochi wakes up but it's not him. "oh great this bad" Guren says " what happen?" Yu ask " he been possessed by the demon." I tell him " Owell, Now that you have your weapons, I'll give your first mission as member of the Vampire Annihilation squad.- He point up- Take a look up there. A man eater has appeared. You two deal with it." he say has the demon takes it ow and shot at us.

Guren deflex those shot with his sword. The other a pushed back by the forced with confused looks on their faces" wow this demon pretty strong, Hasn't even eaten lust yet." Guren says. Yu and Kimizuki go after Yochi trying to call out to him."Lt. Colonel Guren, Please listen to me" Shinoa say. "No you shut up" he tell her then calls out to Yu and Kimizuki " hey, Also for this don't call out your demon to help, Defeat this thing with the weapon alone." he say. " What?! they'll never to take down a black serise weapon.!" Shinoa yells. Yu and Kimizuki both draw their weapons and go after the demon calling out to there friend. " Guren do you think we should..-no-" he says immediately I see Yu get the bow away from Yochi and smile " don't be a idiot, the demon not in the weapon it's in Yochi"Guren yells they fall back " Guren, are you tell me we have to kill him? But he a comrade?!" Yu says " Comrade, Thats a demon anyway you look at it.!" he states. They go back to fighting and Yu get the bow away from the demon but stop kimizuki from killing him." Guren we need to step in" I say to him bring my sword froth. " No Hana they need to do this on their own" He tells me I grip my sword " Guren, they could die" Shinoa comes up " just what are trying to do Lt.? Don't you think you're overdoing it?" He looks at Shinoa " Ok then you go up and kill him" he says. she goes quite " Ah so you don't wanna get your hand bloody either. First time i've seen your soft side" Guren says I hear yu call out For Yochi to come back  but the demon point right at him. Yu looks at his sword and lets it fall to the ground "I wont kill my friends, And you won't either yochi -The demon laugh- If you are like me then you won't just sit back and watch your family and friends die again! So wake up already you Idiot!" he yells out

Shinoa and Kimizuki run by Yu side as the demon aims. I start to run to them but Guren yells out " Hey Yochi, Will you Remain under the bed and watch your family die again! Wake up and protect your family!". I look at The demon and has his eyes go back to normal the arrow is released and misses Yu and th other. Yochi throw the ow on the ground and takes Yu crying. " Wow thats quite a show you put on Guren" I say. " Its not like i cared if that kid die " he shrugs and walks over  to Yu and Yochi " Oh really that speh and tone of voice you used doesn't fit so" I say Laughing a bit " shut up" He say and kick Yu. " You took too  damn long!" He yells. I smile and think to myself " So these are the kids he raising." I start to walk back . now we'll see if  this will pay off.

(a/n: right about here, you will get more of my OC's next chapter)

When the kids go back home to rest for tomorrow Guren tell me they will be on the front lines for the raid. " Oh yea you got stuck being the decoy while I'm with the main force " I say " Why the sad tone I think the main force has more fun." I sigh. he doesn't know how much of a pain it is to deal with Kureto. As I get closer to where me and guren split up the images of the last time i went home enter my mind. " Hey Guren. Would you mind if I" I stop myself blushing I shouldn't ask that "What you wanna come over for a bit ?" He says look at me and i look down " If you don't mind.. cause Nara most likely asleep by now and  Luke and jeff" He pat my head " I don't care just don't hog the sheets " He says."Wait you don't have to sleep next to me Guren" I say to him

"I'm not doing it for you. I dont want a back ach before a mission" he says bluntly and I blush. That idiot I swear I'm gonna hurt him some day.