Chapter Twenty

"I can't believe I'm about to sleep in a car," Jeno said, trying to lighten Donghyuck's mood, but the latter got even moodier.

They were still in the same city, looking out the windows and trying to catch the kid roaming the streets. The longer they did this, the more desperate Donghyuck got. In fact, he was so hopeless that he knew he wouldn't be able to close his eyes at night.

"And Noram must be sleeping outside, freezing to death," the brunette said in a tone that obviously expressed how much he was blaming himself.

Jeno looked at his boyfriend right away.

"Don't say that," he scolded. "Noram must be fine."

"How? He's just a kid, Jeno. I bet he had already got himself in trouble."

"I feel like you're underestimating him. It's the same kid who somehow managed to leave the woods on foot, reach the convenience store and wait for you there."

There was truth in Jeno's voice. Noram was smart in many ways, but this city was different. What if he had never been here before?

"I just hope he didn't talk with weird people," Donghyuck sighed. "He's too innocent to recognize bad people and guess their intentions. He thinks that when two people kiss, they make babies."

"So, he thinks you kissed Mark," Jeno said in a bitter tone. "Have you?"

"Jeno..."

"I know it's out of the blue, but answer my question. I want to know how far did you go. Did you only do it, or did you also kiss, because that―"

Rolling his eyes, Donghyuck barked, "Yes, we did, and he's a freaking great kisser for a virgin. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Luckily, the brunette's phone started buzzing as it saved him from hearing Jeno's answer to such a rude question. The thing is, the caller wasn't the senior, so it meant there was no news about Noram.

"Who's calling you all these hours?" Jeno changed the topic, but there was still jealousy in his voice.

"As weird as it sounds, it's Renjun," Donghyuck said, glancing at his phone where his former friend's name appeared once more. "I would love to talk to him, but I'm not in the mood. I don't know what he wants, but it's not as important as Noram's disappearance."

"But when we find Noram―"

"If we find him."

"Call him back. Maybe he wants to make peace."

Donghyuck wasn't as passionate as Jeno about this. Okay, it would be great to have Renjun as his friend again, as it would slowly bring him close to Jaemin too. But the brunette was too ashamed to think about them being friends again.

Another sound came from Donghyuck's phone. Jeno leaned in, but, at the same time, the brunette locked his phone.

"What is it?"

"Renjun again."

"Hey... Maybe you should call him. If he's calling and texting you, that means he really wants to reach you."

"I don't want to. As I said―"

Ding!

"Let me read the texts."

"No."

"From notifications," Jeno clarified.

Giving in, the brunette gave his phone to Jeno and, sighing, looked out of the window.

"Oh, God!" Jeno gasped. "Renjun... he―"

"Renjun what?" Donghyuck asked in boredom.

The answer to the question didn't come, so the boy had to look back at his boyfriend. Noticing that he was too focused on reading something, the brunette panicked.