the doors' concert

Dear Diary, I don't know where to start but I'll start at the beginning.

On October 4, 1977, Daisy Jones & The Six performed to a sold out crowd at the Soldier Filed in Chicago Illois. They were one of the biggest bands in the world at the time, fresh off their award-winning, multi-platinum selling album "Aurora". It would be their final performance. In the 20 years since, members of the band and their inner circle have refused to speak on the record about what happened... 

Until now.

Maria Whilson was born in 1951 and grew up in San Fransisco, California. The daughter of William and Isabella Whilson, both of whom worked in a large company. From a young age, Maria developed a strong interest in art and music. It was by combining her two passions that she hoped to become a photographer in the music industry. She was the first to talk about that time. For better or for worse.

MARIA WHILSON (official photographer of Daisy Jones and the Six) : Let's start in the 70's! I don't really want to talk about what happened before. About my childhood. There's not much to say. I mean, I was more of a rebellious child with strict parents, so you get my point. Anyway, I moved to Los Angels to my older brother's apartment to finally embrace my youth as a sexy woman and start working as a photographer. My biggest dream was to become an artist. I wanted to be part of something. Something big.