The World Outside

As I wake up from my slumber, my eyes witness a ray of light. I slowly move my hand over towards the light. I pull back quick, it's so warm. I got up and walked towards it. My body felt strange. My body tingled to the feeling of the light. I took step out and saw people walking around.

This was all new to me. There faces staring down the way. I started walking, I kept half of my face covered and my eyes down at the ground. As I walked, I accidentally bumped into this man. He was slightly taller than me, his eyes were green, his hair was long and brown, his skin was light.

He smiled at me, "I'm sorry that I bumped into you", he said. I smiled under my mask and looked deep into his sparkling his. "What's your name?", he asked as he continued to smile. "Tamayo", I replied. He was very muscular. I told him I had to go. Then suddenly he stopped me. "Where are you going beautiful?", he asked. I smiled at him, "Oh anywhere." "Well my name is James, it's nice to have bumped into a very attractive girl as yourself." I looked over my shoulder and smiled.

He took my hand and told me to come with him. He took me to a coffee shop and we sat down at a table and talked the whole day. As the sun was setting, I told him I had to go. He asked if we will ever see each other again. I told him to meet me at the coffee shop. I went back into the darkness and laid my body within the thorns and went to sleep.