Chapter I | Humiliation and reconsideration

L
3rd Person POV

It was night. The first signs of winter are now showing, making a calming night in Japan in an unnamed mountain.

The snowflakes dance in the air as if each of them is in a ball. One of the flakes dances till it lands on a man's nose.

The man has a purple and black kimono with a hexagonal pattern. But the man's physique makes you immediately recognize him in a crowd.

The man is tall and muscular with pale skin and long, spiky black hair with crimson red tips that he kept in a ponytail. But his most notable feature is the three sets of eyes on his face with yellow irises and red sclera that have black straight lines diverging from each iris with writing in the man's center set of eyes, spelling
上方. Upper One.

The man watches as winter slowly sets in, covering the land with white.

A chilling breeze hits the man in his face, which makes the man continue on his mission.

The man has been on a mission ordered by his "Master", the man was looking for a blue flower and was ordered not to return till he finds the said flower.

The man didn't complain nor took the mission seriously; his master had been searching for this flower for hundreds of years.

The man was at the point where he doubted the existence of the blue flower. He was sure that the blue Spider Lily never existed. Because if it did, they would have found it already.

"You've come a long way, Kokushibo", a voice reached the now-named Kokushibo's ears.

All of Kokushibo's eyes went wide, and he immediately kneeled in front of his Master.

He was a tall and muscular man, with an unnaturally pale skin complexion that can be easily confused as being unhealthy and sickly. He has curly black hair, and sharp, almond-shaped eyes. His irises are cat-like in appearance and colored plum red.

His clothes were fancy, His outfit consisted of an embroidered black tuxedo and a white tie over a black dress shirt and white dress pants.

"Master.. I'm surprised.. At your visitation.." Kokushibo talked with a choppy sentence.

But the choppy sentence was not induced by Kokushibo's fear. But Kokushibo just can't speak full sentences. His master knows this, so his master just goes straight to the reason why he visited Kokushibo.

"I've come to personally hear your report. Right here, right now, Kokushibo. and I expect some success for the second-strongest demon. Unlike Akaza," His boss told Kokushibo with his plum red eyes drilling into Kokushibo's six eyes.

"Akaza failed his 1 year mission on the search of the blue Spider Lily. And I made him feel what I do to useless assets like him." His boss told Kokushibo to get his stoic mask to loosen up a bit.

Kokushibo kept calm and kept away his offensive thoughts of his boss Infront of him.

"The search on the blue. Spider Lily has not been. Successful. Master" Kokushibo tried to speak in full sentences as to not annoy his boss but failed.

"How disappointing. I gave you three years and not a single result? I'm truly thinking that the Demon race has fallen from grace. This gives me! Muzan Kibutsuji such a terrible name." Kokushibo's now named boss Muzan Kibutsuji was absolutely furious by the results of Muzan's Demons.

Irk marks were filling Muzan's face, his pupils were as slit like a cat's eyes. Muzan raised his right hand, and spoke to Kokushibo.

"As punishment, I will cut your head and body up and burn them. And on top of that I'll be giving you this."