Part 11 - Kamino's Dark Secret

INT. DARK HALLWAY - JEDI TEMPLE - NIGHT

The hallway is empty, and only dimly lit.

A young Ailyn Vivix sits on the floor in a corner off to the side. She's crying and wrapping a bandage around a fresh wound on her arm, an open medkit splayed out on the ground next to her.

The door at one end of the hallway slides open. Master Tama Ko stands behind it.

Ailyn's head shoots up. She pulls the medkit over towards her quietly, trying to hide it around the corner with her.

Tama Ko lets out a small sigh.

TAMA KO

I saw that.

Ailyn gulps. Master Tama Ko walks towards her.

TAMA KO

I sense fear. Some anger. Resentment?

Young Ailyn clucks her tongue and gets to her feet. She takes a breath and steps out from around her hiding spot.

YOUNG AILYN

M-Master Ko. Why are you here?

Master Tama Ko smiles gently.

TAMA KO

Good evening to you too, padawan.

YOUNG AILYN

Yes. I mean, good evening.

He sees the bandage and the tear streaks running down her cheeks, and frowns.

TAMA KO

What happened?

YOUNG AILYN

Nothing, it's just a scratch.

TAMA KO

Let me see.

Ailyn grits her teeth in frustration, curling her fingers into a fist.

TAMA KO

Control yourself.

She takes a deep breath and relaxes. She reaches for the bandage and pulls it off. The wound is still bleeding.

TAMA KO

Oh dear. You can't just wrap a bandage around

that, Ailyn. Come. And bring the med kit.

Master Ko turns around, and Ailyn rolls her eyes.

INT. TAMA KO'S QUARTERS - JEDI TEMPLE - NIGHT

Soft blue lighting illuminates the room. The walls are all covered in massive aquariums containing dozens of species of fish native to Kamino.  Tama Ko leads Young Ailyn into his office and motions for her to have a seat at a white ultramodern-looking desk. He pours a neon blue drink from a sleek-looking wine bottle into a glass.