Chapter 17

Winter and Clover are still in the platform as it continues moving to the exit at the end of the tunnel.

Clover: No doubt the Clones have the exit surrounded.

Winter: Then our best plans is head to the ventilation systems, with any luck it will lead outside the facility.

As Clover nods and stops the platform when Winter pointed out to one of the vents she sees. Once the platforms stops, Clover uses his weapon Kingfisher and grapples the vent open.

Clover: Up we go.

Clover fires a grappling hook at the vent as both of them began climbing up to the vent.

Clover: Once we reach outside, we'll use the Forest for cover and head to the extraction point.

Winter: Elm, we're you able to get off the ship.

Elm: Well yes, but let's say the three of us will have to use a Landing Strategy and will probably crash through the forest.

Winter: Wait crashing?

In the Forests of Mistral, the Ace-Ops luckily were able to come up of a Landing Strategy as they braced themselves and crashed to the ground.

Marrow: Well, we had better landing strategies than this.

Vine: Indeed, all that matters is we are fine, only a few cuts and bruises, nothing our Aura can't fix.

Winter: Elm, report.

Elm: We are alive, but from what I can see. We're in the middle of the Forest.

Marrow: Well the Clones are no doubt going to look for us.

Winter: Then stay low and get out of sight. We'll head to the Bullhead and pick you up, make sure you mark your location so we know where you are.

Elm: Copy that.

Elm nods to the rest of the Ace-Ops as they began running off to the Forest.

Back in the Facility, Wilco alongside a squad of Clones head inside the tunnel to see what happened.

Wilco: Sitrep.

Clone: The platform has just stopped a few meters from the exit. Squads have already sweeped the tunnels and found nothing.

Wilco: And those that were in the ship?

Clone: We already have Squads heading to the Forest, but we are unsure if the infiltrators survived the fall.

Wilco: I want confirmation. Has the Squad that was sent here already in the Forest?

Clone: Yes, Captain.

Clone: Captain Wilco. We found one of the ventilation shafts opened.

The Clone leads Wilco to one of the vents that was pryed open. As Wilco began looking around the area.

Wilco: Redirect our topside forces, monitor all comm channels and bring a shuttle.

Clone: Yes sir.

Meanwhile Winter and Clover were able to reach the Forest and moving in to the location marker they placed for the Bullhead.

Clover: How much further?

Winter: A few meters from here.

Clover: Well we need to make this quick, those Clones will no doubt head to our location once they see the Bullhead.