Chapter 9 - My Mistake

15.03.1643

The Southeast Military Base

51:27

Everyone is getting back from a mission, whose details aren't revealed to us yet. LUK3 barely can walk in the hallway, but he manages to go and meet up with little N04H, who was again excluded from the mission, standing with Miss MY4. So, as a consequence, LUK3 starts talking with her first.

[LUK3]-...MY444, we are still taking C0NNER out tomorrow... right?

[MY4]-Hm? Yes, I think? Why are you asking? I didn't cancel anything.

[LUK3]-KYR4 said that she won't do anything as long as I'm part of the action... Hi, N04H! ...And I don't want her to miss anything!

[MY4]-KYR4 is just joking, LUK3. I'm sure she will come as well. But why are you talking like this? Are you alright?

[LUK3]-No, I'm NOT! I'm tired like shit as if I had to circle the entire city 20 times and KYR4 plays around with me, AGAIN! I feel like I'm dying, I swear...

[MY4]-Speaking of tired... Where is CHE5TER?

[LUK3]-He said something about work to do or shit. You know... same Boss, same excuses every single day... At this point I couldn't care less of what that man is doing, for Heaven's sake...

[N04H]-...To be honest, if we are on this subject, I didn't see Him anywhere in the past few days.

[MY4]-That's why I'm asking, N04H. He didn't come to me at all these few days and I, too, barely saw Him. Something isn't right and I'm beginning to have a bad feeling about this...

[LUK3]-You worry for nothing, MY4! That man is perfectly fine, or, well... as much as I saw. Even if He doesn't appear here, doesn't mean He is gone for good! I mean, He was present at all the missions and, as far as KYR4 told me, at the meetings with the Council as well!

[MY4]-Then why doesn't He want to stay at the base anymore?

[LUK3]-I DON'T KNOW, GIRL! Who the fuck do you think knows about what's in His mind anyway?? I'm too tired to even think about Him! Maybe I can get four or five hours of sleep if I leave now...

[MY4]-*sigh* Then why are you still awake if you know you are so tired, LUK3? Go and take a rest!

[LUK3]-...Yes, Mom, I'm going now!

[MY4]-See you at the exit tomorrow?

[LUK3]-Yeah, yeah...

Then, LUK3 leaves as he was getting more and more tired by each second. It was kind of late, indeed, but after all, some of them need to still stay awake and work. But... MY4 and N04H aren't the ones this time. N04H was getting a bit tired too, but seems as he still wishes to talk.

[N04H]-Why was he so tired anyway? What did they have to do today?

[MY4]-Umm... If I remember it right... I think they went to find some documents from one of the buildings that belongs to the M soldiers. To be honest, I don't know myself why was he so tired all of a sudden. He is just there in case of an emergency, unlike the rescue missions where he is the one doing the work.

[N04H]-Maybe he will tell us tomorrow?

[MY4]-Maybe? But I don't think he did something anyway. Probably it's just that he didn't rest during the sleep schedule of the day, nothing special.

[N04H]-Oh, so he's just exaggerating...

[MY4]-Something like that. But it's normal to be tired at this hour. Half an hour from now on and it's midnight after all. Most of the members that don't sleep at the base already left.