The World of Swords.

August, 2022...

"Alright, I'm heading out now." a young adult said, as he finished backing the last of his bags into his bedroom.

"My baby boy is now going to college...I'm so proud of you." His mother said, wiping away a tear that escaped from her eye.

"Hey, you and Dad wanted me to go to college. I'm doing what I was told to do."

"Your father wanted you to go to college, I just thought college would be good for you, get yourself a nice paying job so you can support your parents while we're old." His mother joked.

"Funny mom joke Mom. I better get going, I don't want to be late."

"Don't forget to tell your sister goodbye."

"Right....oh boy...." the young adult mumbled, dreading for what was to come. He would then leave his bedroom and walk across the hall, where he knocked on the bedroom door.

"Alexa. I'm leaving now."

Upon finishing his short response, the bedroom door opened, and a girl wearing a purple hoodie, black shorts, and now dyed purple hair stood in the room.

"Do you have to leave now...." Alexa mumbled.

"Yeah...." the young adult said, sighing.

"Y...You'll visit us....for the holidays....right, Keebo...?"

Keebo would smile at the girl, as he got on one knee, patting her head.

"Of course I will, besides, I gotta beat my baby sister at Call of Duty again someday." Keebo teased, knowing his younger sister was terrible at shooters, despite loving them.

"Y-You won't beat me! I-I'll be practicing every day so I can beat you when you come back!!"

"We'll see about that, smell you later purple head," Keebo said, as he messed up the girl's hair.

"I just combed it you jerk!!"

"You look ten times better than you did when you opened the door." Keebo joked as he left for the front door.

"Wait!" Alexa shouted, causing the boy to stop and groan.

"Lexie, I gotta g-" Keebo began, only to be interrupted by the girl hugging him.

"I'll miss you...." Alexa mumbled, Keebo looked down to see the girl had begun crying once more, causing him to sigh.

"Big girls don't cry."

"Shut up....you'd cry too if you were in my shoes..."

"Yeah, you're probably right." Keebo laughed, as he hugged the little girl back.

"It'll be fine Alexa. It'll be Thanksgiving and Christmas before you know it." Keebo said. Alexa would let go of the boy as she nodded, wiping her tears. Keebo would give their mother one last hug before setting off, for the next step of his life.

Just as he was about to get into his car to drive to the campus, he gave his younger sister one last smile before entering his car and driving off.

———————————————————————

November 6th, 2022...

"Out of the way Purple-head." a girl said, shoving Alexa to the side, causing her to fall to the ground, dropping her books on the ground. The girl would go to pick her stuff up, as her fellow students walked by without helping her, or they walked on her books. The girl would finally pick up the last of her notes, that was now covered in people's footprints.