The Moonlit Black Cats

"What's taking them so long?"

"They should have been back by now...."

Asuna and Alexa would then turn their attention back to the fireworks show, as they watched the night sky light up with colors, from red to blue, to purple, and so on. The setting was peaceful. Something the two girls would enjoy for the time they had, before going back to conquering all 100 floors the next day and onward.

"Has Argo sent you the info on Floor 6 yet?" Asuna asked, turning away from the fireworks.

"Hm? OH! She has..." Alexa said, turning her gaze toward the chestnut color haired girl.

"The theme of the floor is of a jungle from what she said. It'll be difficult figuring out where the floor's labyrinth is, plus it'll probably be just as dark as it was in that cave we were in. Alongside that, we're gonna have to go find an NPC and do a quest."

"Right....she mentioned that there is a bridge that is broken until the quest is complete....how long do you think it'll take to clear the next floor?"

"It won't be like how it was with Floor 5, that's for sure," Asuna said, laughing a little.

"Definitely," Alexa said, laughing alongside her.

"It'll probably take a good while, not only are we going to have to find the NPC with the quest, but then we're gonna have to find the bridge."

"Could Kirito and Sinon possibly know where it is? They are beta testers..."

"They could, that's if Kayaba didn't revamp all of Floor 6."

"Right...."

Asuna would then turn toward the exit Kirito and Sinon took, where she saw the two walking back toward them, the food and bottle they were getting missing.

"What took you guys so long? And where's the-" Asuna began, only to stop when she saw the look on Sinon's face.

Fear...

"Sinon...?" Asuna called out, causing the dark-haired color to jump a little, looking up from the ground toward the girl.

"O-Oh....we're back...." Sinon muttered, leaving the two girls confused about her changed behavior. The girls would turn to the boy, who was now looking at the dying fireworks show. A plain neutral face.

"Is everything alright?" Asuna asked, keeping her gaze on Kirito, waiting for him to respond.

"......We're fine......Sinon just saw.....a rat down there." Kirito said. Asuna would look toward Alexa, leaning toward her.

"He's lying...." Asuna whispered. Alexa would turn back toward the boy, before turning back to Asuna.

"What do you think the reason is.....?"

"I'm not sure.....but it's best not to press on about it.....wait for them to tell us...." Asuna finished, as she got off the girl, turning back to the night sky, as the last firework went off.

"Okay!" Asuna yelled, getting the group's attention.

"Now that the show is over, and the main party is wrapping up. I suggest we call it a night, and prepare for tomorrow, we have a long way ahead of us." Asuna said, putting her hands together.

"Right!" The three agreed.

"We'll conquer the last 95 floors together!"

"Right!"

———————————————————————

That would have been nice to do... Alexa thought as she looked down at her drink.