Seperating

"K....Kaz.....Kazuto....?" Sinon mumbled, at the sight of Kirito. Never had she thought that Kirito would be Kazuto Kirigaya. The one person, who showed that they cared for her, even knowing what she's done. 

Her only friend.

"W-Wait, you guys know each other?" Klein asked, looking at the two, as he took a few glances at his mirror. Both Kirito and Sinon didn't reply, so Klein looked over to Alexa, seeing that she had somewhat of the same facial expression as the other two. Klein would then walk up to the purple-haired girl.

"Hey, what's with that face?" Klein whispered to the girl.

"I...I know them...." Alexa mumbled.

"Same school or something?"

"Yeah..."

"From the way you're talking, you don't know them that much either?"

"I...I mostly avoid people...I stay in the background...."

"So, how do you know Kirito and Sinon?"

"I...always hear stuff about the two at the school....girls usually saying something about how cute Kirito is..."

"So you think he's cute?"

"N-NO!!" Alexa yelled, bringing both Kirito and Sinon back to Aincrad. Both looked pale as a ghost.

"Hey, you two all right?" Klein asked.

"D-Do you think that's an appropriate question to ask right now?!" Sinon yelled, as the situation the four were in right now, was life-threatening.

"Right now, you're probably wondering, "Why? Why would Akihiko Kayaba, developer of Sword Art Online and NerveGear, do this?" Kayaba said, getting the four players' attention again.

"Ultimately, my goal is a simple one. The reason I created Sword Art Online... was to control the fate of the world of my design, and as you can see, I have achieved my goal. This marks the end of the tutorial and the official launch of Sword Art Online. Players, I wish you the best of luck." Kayaba finished, as he disappeared in thin air, the red sky returning to the orange color it was earlier.

H-He's gotta be joking....right? Akihiko Kayaba wouldn't do something like this right?! Everything he just said can't be true, right?! There's no way that if I die here, I'll die in the real world, right?!  Alexa thought, as she turned and looked at Kirito, his expression told her, that it was all true.

"N.....No........NOO!!!" Alexa shouted as she fell to her knees, holding her head. Her shouting would set off the other players, as everyone started to panic, shout, and cry out as well.

"H-Hey, Alexa get up!" Klein shouted.

I'M GOING TO DIE HERE, I'M GOING TO DIE HERE!!! I'M NEVER GOING TO SEE MY FAMILY AGAIN!!

"K-Kirito, help me out he-" Klein started before he stopped, as he looked around the plaza, only to see that Kirito was gone, and so was Sinon.

"K-Kirito? Sinon?" Klein called out, looking around the plaza full of screaming and crying players, but the two beta testers were gone. Klein looked back at Alexa, who was now on the ground curled up into a ball, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Klein would pick Alexa up, bridal style, and leave the area, looking for the former beta testers. He'd eventually find the two in an alleyway, holding onto one another. Klein would hide behind a wall, as he heard Kirito start speaking.

"We're gonna head to the next village. If what he said is true, and I am sure it is...the only way we're going to survive here is by making ourselves as strong as possible. In an MMORPG, the money and exp you earn, once the game starts up, there's only so much of that stuff to go around." Kirito started, as he let go of the dark-haired girl, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"If we head out to the next village now, we'll have an easier time collecting cash and experience points," Kirito said.

"But....what about Klein and Alexa...? We can't just leave them behind..." Sinon asked, thinking back to how they just ran off, without telling them. Kirito looked away from the girl, hiding his face.

"It'll be all right," Klein spoke up, walking into the alley, while holding Alexa still, who was clinging to the man, just like how she did with her brother, when she needed him, and right now, she needed him.

"We'll be fine, last game I played, I ran a guild. So I'm more than prepared. I'll look over Alexa here until she's ready to go out on her own, or if she wants to join a party or guild. From the stuff you taught me Kirito, I can pass it on to her as well." Klein said, giving the two a weak smile. Kirito looked away from the man, as guilt started to build up from within. Sinon gave a weak smile to Klein as well, as she looked at Alexa.

"Please take care of her."

"I guess we'll be going then...if you guys get into a jam, message us, all right?" Kirito said, his voice somewhat breaking.

"I will," Klein said. Kirito would turn away from the man, as he started to run down the alley, Sinon following from behind.

"H-Hey Kirito!" Klein shouted. Both the boy and girl would turn and face Klein.

"Hey...you look better this way, cooler than your avatar," Klein said, smiling.

"Yeah, and I think that scruffy face fits you ten times better," Kirito said as he turned away once more.

"All right....let's go find the others," Klein said as he left the alley, heading back to the main center of the Town of Beginnings.