jerome// arkham baby p1

"detective l/n. we need you back in gotham" the faint sound of jim gordon's voice rang through my radio,

"i'll see you at the gcpd jim" i replied as i began my way back to gotham.

i wonder what jim needs me for now.

on my way back i decided to stop in on an old friend of mine, i grew up with him but he left before i could even say goodbye.

i called a number that i had found out to be his, he completely changed his name so it was hard to find him, but i did.

*phone ringing*

"hello? who is this??" a male voice called into my phone

"j. it's y/n remember me from the circus?, i know you live in the area so why don't you send me your address so i can come visit you before i have to go back to gotham" i laughed

"o-okay, i'll send my address over now"

i heard my phone buzz, and there it was. his address. i said thanks and began walking to him.

i finally made it, but i'm sure i made a mistake because i'm in front of a small shed in the middle of a wood.

a voice rang out from no where,
"welcome in y/n, i'm waiting for you inside"

i guess i didn't take a wrong turn after all.

i walked in and sure enough it was him, jeremiah in the flesh.

i ran and gave him a hug

"i've missed you j, you left before i could even say goodbye"

"i know, but i was in a rush, please stay for the night? i could use the company" he smiled awkwardly

"i suppose i could, it's getting too dark for me to go anymore"

"your walking to gotham?" he laughed lightly

"yeah, my partner asked me to come back, i was doing a case just a few miles away"

"partner?? case?? this is making no sense y/n"

"i'm a detective. my partner has asked me to come back to gotham"

"oh right, let me get you some clothes for tonight"

"okay"

*the next morning*

"goodmorning y/n, i decided to wake you early to give you more time to get to gotham..... or you could stay for breakfast and i could get a taxi for you?"

"i'd love to j. but i need to stay incognito. i'm an undercover detective. i should have said that earlier."

"it's fine but please anytime you need help i will always be right here." he said as he pulled me into a hug

"bye jeremiah, see ya" i said as i walked out of the exit of his maze, he told me that once he left the circus he then became an architect and made the blueprints for his home.

i walked back to gotham and straight to the gcpd, jim was there, waiting.
"jim" i said to him
"y/n, good to see you" he said shaking my hand

"so why do you need me back here?"

"a boy killed his mother but he is acting as if she was murdered by someone other than him"

"name? age? when?" i asked impatiently

"jerome valeska, 18, and last night"

"jerome valeska? this boy. was his mothers name lila?"

"y-yes how do you know y/n?"

" i-i grew up with him" i said giving him a weak smile"

"can i do this case?" i asked jim

"of course. but obviously i'll be supervising from a distance, there going to put him in arkham. i was thinking maybe put you in there too, today."

"o-okay i'm fine with that, what's the reason i'm going to arkham?" i smirked at him

"well we got to make you two relate somehow, you killed your mother and father because they wanted a good clean girl but got you instead" he smiled

"sounds pretty good" i laughed as i went to my 'apartment' where jim had tipped off some policemen that i had murdered my parents and that's where i was hiding.

sure enough about 10 minutes after i got to the apartment, i had the door busted open and i was pinned to the floor......