Writing practice (STARRING DAVE!!!)

So I just realized I'm a Dave kinnie-

-----

Imagine this.

You're a man in your mid-20s, who lost their legs in a workplace accident. You were a former scientist and former teacher, now you live with your 9-year-old son and have to deal with a short-tempered corn farmer... No pun intended.

That's Dave's situation. Bambi and Muko are the only friends Dave has right now, everyone else is either just an acquaintance, an enemy, or a stranger. It was sort of one of the reasons why Dave preferred not to enroll Tristan in any school, he simply didn't trust them enough to take care of his son as well as Dave does. Yes, Dave indeed does have his flaws when it came to parenting, but at least his son is still mentally and emotionally well, he just hopes he can maintain that stability until Tristan became an adult.

It was often difficult though, with Bambi's constant cries of help to repair his phone or buy him a new one, or Muko asking if he could come over to hang out. He didn't mind Muko asking to spend time with him, it meant that at least he could have some type of distraction from his daily stress of having to take care of his child. But sometimes, he would get too distracted to the point he would let his guard down and lose sight of Tristan. Resulting in either a search party or him finding Tristan trying to escape past the gates, all of which ends with Dave scolding Tristan and lecturing him about how dangerous the world beyond those gates were.

Well, that wasn't particularly a lie, the world out there is enigmatic and full of mysteries, you can never know when your life would be at stake until it's too late. Dave is not willing to risk his son's life, he's already terrible with trying to not let Tristan out of his sight, he's not ready to lose him in a crowd nor in a maze of buildings. Dave sighs as he watched Tristan play with Bambi. Bambi was also an enigma. Dave had been inside of Bambi's farm before, but he was never allowed to be in his barn for reasons he's unaware of, making him curious as to what Bambi may be hiding behind those crimson walls.

As his mind wandered, Dave feels something suddenly wrap itself around him, making Dave slightly flinch before realizing Muko had pulled him into a hug. Dave smiles and soon hugs back, leaning into the comfort of Muko's embrace. Although Dave may not have any other friends at the moment, he still enjoys the current company he has now and would rather not trade it for anything else in the world.

-----

This was mostly just for writing practice lol, the ending was kinda rushed since I have to go to bed soon

Reminder that none of this Canon