Two. The Maniacs

"I THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA BE FUN GEORGE!" I screamed at the boy while we were walking out of the fittes building. "I didn't say there wouldn't be any consequences." He mumbled. "You didn't know? WE JUST GOT FIERD FROM FITTES HOW AM I GONNA EXPLAIN THAT TO MY AUNTS!" I yelled. Tears started to block my view and i locked at George. "Athena its okey. I didn't mean to get us fiered i am sorry."
"You should be sorry George Cubbins you should be i dont know where the fuck i am gonna sleep now i cant pay my rent because you couldn't stop-" "bad day?" A male voice interrupted me and i locked around. It belonged to a young man around our age. He was wearing a suit and a coat which was a bit to oversized for him. His dark brown hair was parted in the middle and his smirke was wide. "Sorry i didn't mean to be rude i just overheard a bit of your conversation." He said and smiled at us.
"Rude" George mumbled under his breath in response i hit him with my elbow right in the chest. "Au! Thea what the-" "you should not be the one talking about whats rude and whats not." I aggressively told him. "Sorry for my friend but he just ruined a few lifes so not in the best mood. And you are?" "Lockwood, Anthony Lockwood nice to meet you-"
"Athena Bavington and this is George Cubbins." I said to the boy with a sceptical look.
"Athena? Thats rare..." the brown haired boy said. "Athena was a greek goddess." I said to him he just nodded. " i heard you two may need a place to work? And a place to stay." Lockwood said with a smile after a short silence. "Well spotted." George said sarcastically whiched cased me to hit him with my elbow again. "Thea come on!" He protested. "That's correct Lockwood. We infact need a new place to work for. If you by any chance know anyone we would be extremely happy to get in contact. Correct George?" "Yes yes of course we really need to pay some bills" he added while giving me the death stare. "Wonderful if you will be at this address at 3:30pm." Lockwood said while writing something down on a seet of paper.

"I can guarantee you your future bills are saved here you go" and with that he turend around and walked away. When he was out of sight i broke the silence between me and George. "What was that?" "I dont know but he seems like he was serious about the job offer i mean how bad can it be after we just got fierd from Fittes?" The boy with the glasses locked at me. "You're right. What is there to lose anyway. Whats the address?" I said trying to sneak a look at the paper. "35 Portland Row." "This is gonna be amazing George." I said "i can feel it in my fingertips."

I was right about that. I was never so right in my whole career. Anthony Lockwood did have a job offer for us. Even tho the company wasn't officiall at the time we started working but we already made money of off it. He even offerd us to stay at his house. I gladly excepted and so did George. Lockwood was a stranger man. Keeping secrets behind locked doors and sometimes disappearing. He told us that his parents died. Which is huge to me. I never tell anyone about my birth givers. I only talk about them to my cousins.

I have a healthy relationship with them and my aunts. I've been friends with George since we both started working at Fittes together. It was nice having someone, who could understand you. Lockwood is another level. He is distant and sarcastic and such a sassy boy. He always smirkes at anything. Insane i know. At least he is a good agent and a kind humam being. A few month ago i caught a cold and he brought me tea every two hours until i got better. I've been living with these two idiots now for almost 12 month. Since three we're officially working as an agency. Lockwood had been talking about getting a new member for quite a while now. I didn't thought he actually do it tho but when i came home after staying the night with my aunts one day while a screaming girl pushed me aside yelling "YOU ARE MANIACS" i knew he wasn't joking about it.
"What was that about Lockwood?" I asked him when i walked into the living room. Lockwood was sitting on one of the sofas while George read a comic in the armchair i normally sit in. "She was here for an Interview. Didn't pass the test as you can see. The next one should be here any minute now." Lockwood told me while preparing the table.