MHM - 5

Christiana's POV

When I returned back to the pack house, I was invited in by a very furious Chase.

"Where were you-" he started, gritting his teeth, trying to control his anger.

"None of your business?" I shrugged, cutting him off and directing my way towards my room. However, only to be pulled back harshly by Chase.

"Do not disrespect me, Tia. Mate or not, there will be consequences" as soon as those words escaped his mouth, regret flashed through his eyes and his tight grip around my wrist loosened. I ignored the sparks that erupted as our skin made contact.

"I...a-am s-sor-"

"Save it" with that I sprinted to Dustin's room.

I didn't even bother to knock since I already knew he would be consumed in his video games. Typical boys.

"Dust... I gotta talk to you!" His light brown eyes started right into my green ones with genuine concern. He patted the spot beside him gesturing me to take a seat.

"Tee, what's wrong?" He questioned, placing his arm around my shoulder as I placed my head over his chest - trying to hold back my tears.

"Chase, it's about him," I wasn't sure if I heard him right, but I heard him mutter an of course. Shrugging it off, I continued, "he is so different now... so cold... and he even lied to me. He never used to lie..." I whispered, wiping a few traitor tears that fell - making my cheeks sticky and wet.

"Oh Tee... I think you both should talk this out. Maybe if you give him a chance to talk he'll open up more?" I knew I was being unfair and that Dustin was right, but I just wasn't ready for the talk yet.

"I know, but with him being a jerk and my mate and all I just am not ready yet..." I responded, honestly.

"I understand. Does he know you're here? I don't want him throwing a tantrum like earlier. Heck! I was so scared ya know? Like I even thought of my last wish before my death at that point!" He stated, faking a gasp at the end causing me to chuckle.

"You're so dramatic" I managed to say between my laughter as he wiggled his eyebrows in response.

After awhile when I felt like everything could be settled, I walked down the hall knocking on Chase's door. I heard foot steps approaching before he answered the door, letting me in - awkwardly.

"It's still the same..." I said, taking in the proper look of his room.

"Yeah...well," he mumbled. I looked at him raising my eyebrows before giving him a little smile.

"Look, Tia, I'm really sorry for earlier and -"

"It's alright for now. I just came to say that I'm ready to talk this out... if you are o-of course..." I trailed, looking into his blue eyes that pierced right into my green ones.

"Are you sure?" He exclaimed, a little too quickly, examining my face and attaining a chuckle from me in return as I nodded, approvingly. I think I'm finally ready to give this relationship a chance. I loved him after all and still do, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have to work hard for earning my trust again.