That amazing day

I had finally had enough,brokenness was no walk in the park. I was so hungry that i had even forgotten the taste of good food in my mouth,so broke that my pockets had holes but i did not even realize it. I was supposed to get some money from my parents but it seems like things were moving in reverse, i decided to take matters into my own hands and go home. I sold my best trouser at a throwaway price, just enough for my fare, i hated every second of it but i had to survive.

On that fateful day some crazy lecturer had planned to bring us a CAT of some sorts, i mean who does not know HIV/AIDS?? I'm in campus but they teach us stuff even primary school kids already know, i did not pay for this!

So I woke up early on that hot Friday and headed for the exams, i just packed everything and was gonna go home immediately after the CAT. Its better to be optimistic.

The hall was packed to capacity and as for the latecomer i was, i missed a seat as usual,i hoped the lady who was crushing on me had saved me a seat but i could not see her, ok i could not make out the shape of her head there because people were so many,but trust me if she stood up i could have recognized that behind from a mile away. I went out and stole a random seat from a random unlucky student and sat at the backseat where people who haven't studied and had planned on contributing their little knowledge to get at least some little marks sat.

After half an hour of waiting while having last minute discussions,we all gave up waiting and everyone found their way out. I did not even hesitate for a second, i carried my bag and just ran. Our school was on the outskirts of the town so i had to take a bike up to the stage where we get a car. It took me like 5minutes to get a bike and reach my destination. I boarded an old Nissan with the hopes that it would be cheaper than newer,cooler and trendier ones, but to my surprise the price was just the same,even more probably.

The gruesome journey started with me squeezed in between three very fat people seated on a plank of wood i.e sambaza. The worst part was that this was the norm in these cars so even if i tried to complain i would just seem like an idiot,thus i did as the "Romans" did.

The plus side was that most people alighted and within no time the car was half empty, i now had a seat, phew! So i got out to help out a lady with a huge bag,with the good Christian i am this was just all in a days work. As I got in,I saw her,there she sat at the back right corner of the bus,breathing as if she was sexy and she knew it. I did not hesitate to seat next to her,this journey was gonna be interesting after all.

As a guy the first two minutes would probably determine whether I'd end up in the #friendzone or #lovezone. I had to make my move smartly....this was harder than it looked,i got all sweaty and nervous thinking about a killer pickup line....

Er hey sweetheart,no...

hey there yo...no....

You got fine wri....no....

you're pretty and...no.....

"stay calm stay calm,"i told myself.

Then an amazing twist of events that promised to be the base of our relationship. She spoke first! It doesn't mean she was gonna be the balls of the relationship but that i did not have to feel so bad when i double text her.

So this amazing lady, i felt like she was the female version of me but with minor differences. I mean we started talking and we just....bonded. She was such an amazing person that you would be crazy not to like her. I found out that she was going to get a bus to go to the 254 but was clueless about where to get the bus,i,the tour guide/expeditionist took this opportunity to shine like a boss. I offered to take her to the place.

So we chatted for a while and bonded quite well,i felt as if i had known her all my life.

So we arrived and I,the man/ expeditionist took the lead. The place was quite a distance so I took advantage and showed her the sites i knew. I was afraid of taking her to nice hotels cause damn,a brother was broke and there's no way im doing the dishes for anybody. So we arrived and i was so romantically gentlemanly that i carried her very heavy bag up to the place,Jeez what women carry in their bags i don't know, damn what a guy does for the ladies.

She got the bus of her choice and booked it,now the bus was not at the said place and we had to go to its other station,we had to get a bike cause it was far,she could not walk. I as the gentleman went ahead to get a bike for us . We got a nice one with a nice price that took us quite fast, maneuvering the busy roads like a pro. In no time we were there.

I was very much willing actually i was going to pay but she felt so indebted to me for my "kindness" that she insisted on paying,hey i was so broke so i had no reason to argue with her,she paid and we went in,the bus was nearly there so we had to wait. We chatted about everything and i did not know what was going on inside my head but she had a place in my heart.

The bus arrived and just before she got in,she gave me her number! She did it again! Even before i asked for it she gave me! This was me in a female version,it was like my mirror but with more hair and color. U felt so proud and even got a chance to take pics with her.

As the bus left i knew my day had been awesome,i took my broke behind home, like a boss!!