Beach Madness pt. 1

Well when one is in a strange hellhole, then you do as those in the strange hellhole do. In our campus we weren't blessed with a large Olympic sized swimming pool that has a depth that can swallow a building whole, but we were blessed with something better, much better that it put us on the map, actually its more famous than even our school.

I'm talking about something great, something that is large, vast, rich, amazing and is just a beauty to marvel at. I'm talking about the second largest lake on this great earth!! Yes I'm talking about that lake that can fit a zillion whales all the size of a football pitch, its large enough to host a shiporathon, if that exists really, if it doesn't I invent it.

This mother of all lakes is the great Lake Victoria. She is a marvel, I have no words to describe her really, and I think you just need to see it for yourself to believe it.

Anyway back to my miserable life, so there I was in the second semester of my campus life. I was just beginning to adjust in here and now I tried to have fun with what I had. And that's where my story begins.

I had made a couple of great friends and now I was a man officially. I lived in my own house wow! That was a great milestone in my life; I mean I had a place where I could walk naked and not feel afraid that my mom or weird brother might find me. This was my crib, a man cave, where I ate whatever, whenever, however.

Although at times I got so broke that I went to bed for dinner.
But before all the brokenness crept in, we had so much cash on us and very little responsibilities that we seemed like we were on top of the world. We had so much to do and so much to do with....... I just love campus life.
On this very day, we were all so bored and the sun was just so hot that we were just inside the house with my pals with nothing much to do, when someone just had a bulb on top of their head light up like,

"eureka!! I got an idea guys, let's go to the lake....."

And Bam just like that it was official, we were going to the lake. We had no idea where that place was nor how we would get there but all we knew was that we were going.

We sat down and made all the necessary preparations and made sure we were geared up well for the expedition. Actually when I say prepared I just meant we were buying booze and leaving. The thing about we campus guys, me excluded, mom if you're reading this, is that we think that booze can cheer up any situation,
Like for instance,

"Dude I just lost my phone...."
"Really, damn soorry man; let's go have a drink..."
Or

"Dude I think I got cancer...."
"Whoa that terrible, lets drink to that....."

Even

"I have an exam tomorrow and I haven't studied at all....."
"No way dude, really? Since it's too late, let's have a drink and you go face that exam....."

So like literally we think it all revolves around booze, although these days I think weed saves the day. I don't want to talk about that though.

On this very day we were all psyched up as ever that everyone was ready by like 10am, that was creepy and weird at the same time. We didn't even have breakfast for crying out loud! I guess in our minds we assumed there'd be like a hotel by the lake where we would get a bite or something.

We knew nothing of the place so we hired a car to drive us there, the guy was a pro of the place and even knew a hidden spot that didn't even exist on the map, it was a cool spot that had cool, clear, water.

We were about seven guys, no women, those people are crazy and hard to understand...... but I love them, don't get any ideas.
The journey was awesome, we saw great scenery on the way, at least I think so, I sort of slept all the way though.

Before the driver had disclosed the secret spot that would be our secret spot too, he took us to a common, public spot where fishermen caught their fish and sold them there, it was a crowded place and not where you would even like to swim.

The guy sort of noticed our disappointment and told us to go back to the car and that's when he took us to the magical place...