Chapter I- Lost Winds

"Traveler, let's get going. We are almost there!"

"Alright, Paimon. Calm down, I am coming."

Paimon is a mysterious companion. Just like me, she has no memory of what happened to her before she fell to this world. But for some reason, she seems to know a lot more about "Teyvat" than I do.

"Hey, Paimon.. I was wondering, how did you end up here."
Paimon seems to ignore me. She is too focused on imagining the all the delicious food we will eat in Mondstadt during Windblume.

I just noticed how worn out the statue looks. I wonder how long it's been since it's made? Couple of thousand years? Perhaps I should ask Venti about this later.
The city's skyline is very pretty. I can see windmills, old houses roofs and the giant statue of the beloved Archon.

I wonder if Venti is around. It's been a while.

"Paimon, do you think we can find Venti at the tavern at this hour?"

"Venti? What do you need the Tone-Deaf Bard for? He is probably annoying Diluc at the tavern. He is always up to no good!"

For a second I felt a gentle breeze almost caressing my hair.

"Hey, Paimon.. I was wondering, you seem to dislike Venti. Why is that?"

"Traveler, Paimon doesn't dislike Tone-Deaf bard. He is still one of our best friends. He is just always so secretive and mysterious. It makes Paimon uncomfortable!"

Now that I think of it.. It is probably true but I still trust Venti somehow.

"Well, isn't this the Traveler from a far!"

This voice.. Isn't this Venti? What is he doing here? He is sitting on top of a tree, drinking something. He has Der Frühling on his other hand.

"Tone Deaf Bard! What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too Paimon! Are you here to celebrate Windblume?"

"We are actually. We've been busy with Sumeru. Things really got complicated there."

Does he know about what happened to the Dendro Archon, does he know anything about Sumeru at all?

"Whatever happened, you must tell me all of it without missing a single detail Traveler! You know, I would really love to dedicate my poems to you. You've been through a lot of adventures. If only I could accompany you!"

I would like Venti to accompany me. Even though how secretive he is most of the times, I still have a sense of familiarity to him just like I've known him for a many lifetimes. Perhaps it's his warm nature that makes me feel this way.

"Venti, Paimon is right. What are you doing here? I thought you would be at the tavern."

"At this hour? Come on Lumine, you've known me for some time now. I only go to Angel's Share at night to perform. Drink there is too expensive for me, I wouldn't be able to afford it without a performance."

Lumine.. Did he just call me Lumine.

"I was actually picking up some apples, and..  I ended up here. Do you want some, look how juicy it is."

"Paimon is starving, give Paimon an apple."

"You sure have a great appetite for someone your size Paimon. I would like an apple too Venti."

"Hey don't say that to Paimon. Anyways we should really get going, see you around Tone Deaf Bard!"

"Hey, Traveler wait! Have this Cecillia, it will bring you good luck on your journey."

"Thanks Venti, but aren't you coming with us? The sun is almost setting."

"I.. I have some work to take care of. We will have plenty of time during the festival. Goodbye, my friend."

"Tone Deaf Bard has some work to do? Doesn't that sound really strange Traveller? What is he up to this time.. Surely he didn't got into trouble right?"

As I was smelling the beautiful scent of the Cecillia, I noticed a note written with Anemo. I can read that with my elemental sight.
"Meet me at the usual place at midnight."
What is Venti up to, is he really in trouble?

"Hey Traveler, are you okay?"

I can't tell this to Paimon. Surely Venti wanted to keep this as a secret.

"Oh I'm fine Paimon, it's just I am a bit tired. Maybe we should just get some rest. We will have plenty of time during the festival to have fun."

"B-but Paimon wanted to eat delicious Sweet Madame! Ugh.. Fine, let's get some rest at the hotel. Kaeya said he booked a room for us at the Goth Grand Hotel."

After walking for approximately thirty minutes we arrived at the hotel. We haven't ran into any of our friends. They were probably very busy with festival organizations. Knights really take this festival very seriously.

"Goodnight Paimon."

"May you have dreams as sweet as a sweet flower Traveler!"

I waited for an hour for Paimon to sleep. After I was sure that she was asleep I silently got out of the room and headed towards the statue at Mondstadt Plaza. I knew what Venti meant by usual place was there, back when I was residing in Mondstadt we met there very often after whole city and Paimon was asleep. I miss those days dearly.

Venti wasn't there, which was very odd considering he was never late for our meetings. Venti could be considered lazy or irresponsible at times but this was so out of character. And his suspicious demeanor early today.. What has he got into? Does it have anything to do with the Abyss.. That defiled statue of Venti we ran into in Chasm..

After waiting for half an hour I was genuinely worried. I wanted to look out for him but I didn't know where to start. Where could he be? Was this some kind of prank he was playing on me.

Suddenly with a breeze Venti appeared out of nowhere.

"Venti! I was so worried are you okay!?"
"Traveler, didn't mean to worry you I was just.. Brewing some apple cider for us so that we can have a picnic. I can put on a performance, the nighttime is ours! That pesky little pixie thing finally stopped following you, you know I was worried that she would somehow follow you here..!"

"Venti you are hurt.."

His left arm was bleeding and he wasnt wearing his beret. Why is he lying to me?

"Lumine... I can explain.."