Chapter 24

"My parents house not the one that guy gave us but our original one. A new family was living there and there was a foreclosure on it. My mum and dad assumed the mortgage was being paid. They rented it out you see for an additional income. Unfortunately the group controlled their finance. Johan found a place for us in a gated community along with Damian."

"He's a good man." I wipe my tears.

"Why the tears?" He ask in concern.

"I sat with him couple weeks after I was freed and he explained and showed me the state of my parents finance. They owed on the house they were given with the" job'". There were other bills not paid when I saw what they owned I started shaking. It was close to a million euros. I remember him putting a hand on mine. Then saying this means nothing I love my wife very much. I wanted you to see the power these people have. The second house wasn't foreclosed on. Now I know the banks and organisations that are corrupt. Then he said I've paid your family's debts off. It's not enough for what you did for my sister. Damian told me everything you did for her.  I know Isabelle doesn't remember her past. One day she will and you will have your friend back."

"Like I said before he's a good man."

"He said to me when I dated you I did love you in the beginning but your attitude changed all that. Now I know you were protecting me and I'm grateful. Who knows what would have happened if I married you. Denmark may have been in chaos because they would've killed us all. So when I say clearing your family's debt doesn't make up for the debt my family owes you I meant it. I'm also going to make you a duchess my mother insisted on it. You can pass the title on to your daughter as well."

"Johan told me I know a girl that would be perfect for you. She's caring, loving and kind. She puts other people's happiness above her own. I want you to show her she matters and that she's worth something. I need you to know I loved her. Which means I don't want you to ever hurt her. She has been hurt enough by my family and other people for a lifetime."

"He said that about me I didn't know he really loved me."

"He did."

"His family was weary of me and they were right to be but they still treated me okay. Wait this means my old boyfriend set me up with my husband. Why is this not weird for me?"

He kiss the top of my head, "Because the old boyfriend has become a good friend to you. He means you no harm and only wants the best for you."

"God put me with a family that would literally save my life. All my pain, sorrow, the times I felt broken. Isabelle and I."  I stop speaking for a moment. "I gave up in that place if they wanted to assault me, kill me, do whatever to me. I was ready for it because in my broken state. It was just going to happen and accepting it made it hurt less when it did happen. Isabelle saw me I mean really saw me. Imagine being in a luxury house with cooks and crooks. Opening a door and seeing someone's arm is gone. Wanting to scream but not being able to. Giving the person a bar of chocolate while trying to figure out how to sneak them painkillers. I was a dead woman walking and the worst part about it was I didn't care. What was left in life for me? I was already in a cage and broken. Isabelle convinced me to live, to hope, to dream. Then she introduced me to a man. A man who helped heal my damage soul, that man was Jesus. Her grandmother gave her faith and she passed it on to me. Johan said he didn't believe in god. When his wife went missing he had nothing else to lose. So he remembered his grandmother's faith in god. That was when he decided to believe in something higher than himself."

"You, Isabelle and Johan was in a situation where you lost everything and in your brokenness. You found you had not."

I draw closer to him in bed, "I'm starving let's go explore this hotel. It's so lush. I think they may serve lobster it's so posh here."

As we explore the hotel the manager comes up to us and bows, "Your royal highnesses. Can I help you both with anything I apologise for not greeting you at the reception desk."

"That's fine you didn't know we were coming until a few hours ago. My wife wanted to explorer the hotel. Is there a pool and she's craving lobster. Does the restaurant here sells it?"

The hotel manager looks at me, "Your Highness there is both lobster and a pool. If you allow me I'll give you a tour of the hotel."

"That will be wonderful," I say.

I was glad to see the pool was large and I was right the place was very posh. We end the tour at a seafood restaurant. "Thank you for the tour I enjoyed it a lot."

He beams at me, "It was my pleasure Your Highness."

"Forgive me are you allergic to anything. It's just I'll make sure your room is properly prepared for you. I didn't know you would be staying here till you checked in. I want to make sure your suite meets our high standards."

"My husband and I have no allergies and our suite is perfect as it is."

He bows and leaves, "He is still going to do something to our suite."

"I know he will Franco, let's go in I'm in the mood for lobster."

"A new food craving."

"Yep."

I pick up the menu they did lobster mac and cheese. We place our orders and give each other a loving smile when we were alone. "We have two days here to explore and enjoy the city."

"I know I can't wait."

As predicted when we get to our room there was fresh flowers, chocolates and other items. I open a box of truffle and give one to Franco. He takes a bite. "Oh wow."

He gives me a bite, "Yeah we need to buy a lot of these to take home with us."

I was not surprise to see Julian having a drink in a restaurant we were in. We ignored him completely and take our drinks to go. I held Franco's hand in mine as we explore the city.

Don't forget I update on a Saturday so if you read Thursday's chapter then Tuesday,s. You've missed some parts of the story.