Can't avoid this forever (NR)

Charity events are the worst thing on the planet. If I could bang my head on the wall I would. In a room full of rich fuck boys and trophy wives I'm stuck being Tony Stark's right hand for the night.

Which means I'm collecting business cards like they're Pokémon and people are begging me for funding and putting a good word in to my dad about them. My mom was hesitant to bring me to events like these, seeing as how I was new to the business, yet my dad was insistent to throw me into the deep end. I can handle it sure. Easy peasy. I'm a Stark after all I was made for this.

Everyone but my dad had doubts about me being only 21 but thrown headfirst into helping my parents run a multibillion dollar company and so far they've been proven wrong.

Well I mean I am exhausted but then again now I know why my parents are always so damn tired. Between that and being an Avenger my dad and I are basically relying on coffee and our own reputation to keep ourselves sustained.

My pockets are heavy with business cards, and my parents also have a hearty amount of cards. At this point we might as well just run a business card store.

Need a roofer that only speaks Brazilian? Got it.

Need a 4 star chef from downtown LA with a speciality in pasta? Got 3 of those.

Need a game designer who is trying to take over the world and runs a small candle making company? Got it.

Need a baker who doubles as a stripper but also doubles as an oil baron? Got 10 of those bad boys.

Anything you need, I got a card for it. Place your bets now ladies and gentlemen because here comes another rich asshole with a business card who can guess what this asshole does for a living. God if you exist... smite me.

"Hello." The man said, grinning down at me like a hungry shark. Oh boy here we go again. "Hi." I said. He offered me a drink and I took it, looking between him and the drink before I put it on a random waiters tray and shrugged off his hurt face. "What can I do for you Mr...?" I trailed off. "Mr. Lin, I have a job offer for you-" "I'm sorry Mr. Lin but as heir to Stark Industries. I won't be settling for anything less than my family's company. Have a nice night." I said politely, pocketing the business card he handed me. "My company is less than yours?" He asked as if this was some sort of shock to him.

"Of course it is." I laughed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Come now. Mr... Yin was it? Do you really think you're better than Stark Industries? In the last year alone we've had over a 97% profit increase, we've expanded overseas, own several smaller corporations which are also booming by the way, we have our hands in just about everything from film making to jet and air craft production, we are the best in every single business we take part in, so yes. I do think your company is less than mine. Even more so considering you have the audacity to ask a Stark to leave their own company. So Mr. Yin, if you're done groveling for me to work for you. I'll be taking my leave." I said, smiling innocently at him while I crushed his ego and then left him standing there gaping like a fish. I gave my parents the signal I was leaving, a thumbs up making sure they both saw before I got in the elevator and escaped.

That was awful. Thank god the compound is only a few blocks away.

I walked quickly, the ache in my body setting in with every step until I stumbled inside the compound and went straight to the roof to sort out the firepit so we can play a round of "fund or fire". The game is pretty simple, we sit around a unlit campfire, and flick cards at the rim, if the card bounces into the pit then we wait until we're out of cards and then we light the fire and it burns and that's that, if the card bounces off the rim and doesnt land in the pit then we fund whatever company the card is from. It's pretty simple and effective.