1 - Hospital

Loud ringing scared her wake. She woke up in a dark hospital room. Her face covered in blood soaked bandages. She hopped off the red stained bed, the cold ground touching her bare feet sending a small shiver rippling through her tiny body.

The room was dark. An unpleasant feeling spread through her body. She knew a light switch was by the door. Navigating through the lightless room she ran her hand on the wall, her fingers feeling the dents and chipped paint on the wall.

Soon her fingers came into contact with something smooth. Feeling around it she found the switch and flipped it. The light burned her eyes that had grown accustomed to the dark. The ringing came from a green-grey landline on a table sat by her bed. She grabbed it.

"It's okay kiddo... Everything is going to be okay now... Come and see..."

"Who is this?"

Her voice was scuffed. Dry. She couldn't feel the right side of her face.

"Kiddo, come find me..."

It disconnected.

'Weird, sounded like my mom.'

She walked over to the light switch. The door by it teasing her. Laughing at her. Taking small steps the door came closer and closer. She placed her hand on the door handle and pushed it down. Locked. She turned around and went for her bed. She (needed) to get out.

It felt as if the room itself would rip her face off, swallow her into darkness. Trapped in a endless void of nothing but herself. She didn't wasn't that. She was scarred of that. Scarred of being alone. Of being left.

She walked over to the nightstand by the hospital bed. She needed a key. Maybe there was one in there. Placing her hand on the nob she tugged it, nothing. Maybe she needed more force. She placed her foot on the bottom draw and pulled the nob. Again, nothing. She let go of the nob still having her leg push the stand, causing the stand to move back.

A key! A key with a five on it was placed under the stand. She bent down and grabbed it before walking back to the door. Trying to insert the key she missed, she tried again and it slid in, turning it she heard a click. She pushed the handle down and threw open the door with all the strength her little body could spare. She ran out the room, leaving the key behind in the door.

She had to leave.

She had to find mami

She had to find mom.

She had to find safety.

She turned her head back to the room she just left. It was gone. Stone bricks fitted into the door way. No door. She didn't comment. She just kept moving in hopes of finding safety. The hallway she entered had dirty white and badge floors. The wall paper was lightly weathered, giving her a unwelcoming feeling. The Hall had four doors with letters beside each of them.

'A B C D'.

The door with the 'D' glowed a warm, welcoming, familiar yellow. 'Mom'. She went through the door with the D. Again there were four doors with four more letters. The letters were different this time. The wall paper had holes in it here and there, the floor looked ripped up.