Post-Blip One

Two months after Avengers: Endgame/Four months before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Helen paced the floor of the apartment she and Bucky shared.

When the door opened, she said, "Finally! You're late!"

A small smile crossed Bucky's face. "Doll, we have time."

"Not much of it!"

He walked up to her and took her hands. "Helen, we're fine with time. I know you're flustered and cautious about time, but I promise, you have nothing to worry about."

Helen stepped back with a sigh. "They should be here."

"I know, but they unfortunately won't be. But I'm sure she'll be looking on us from above."

"And Steve?"

A teasing smile crossed his face. "Isn't he on the moon?"

Helen laughed softly and spun around. "How do I look?"

"Like a dream come true. You ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"I'll be with you every step of the way."

She held up her right hand. "I certainly hope so."

He offered her arm and she accepted it. He opened the door for her, she walked out, then he did, and he took her arm once again.

The two made their way to a courthouse, having chosen a simple ceremony.

The judge looked between them and said, "Whenever you're ready."

Bucky took Helen's hands. "We've been through a lot. Far more than most. But you've always been my constant, no matter what happened." He took out a ring and slipped it on her right hand.

Helen looked up at Bucky. "From the first moment I met you, I knew there was something there. We've had a longer life than most, and while it's been torturous for most of it, the times I remember with you have been some of the best." She took out a ring and slipped it on his right hand.

The judge spoke. "James, do you promise to love this woman in sickness and in health, in the good and the bad til death do you part?"

"I do," Bucky replied.

"Helen, do you promise to love this man in sickness and in health, in the good and the bad til death do you part?"

"I do," Helen answered.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. James, you may kiss your bride."

Bucky smiled and pressed a gentle kiss to Helen's lips.

The two signed their marriage certificate and left to have a small celebration.