CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I woke up in the morning without Freen and only a note beside me. It says here that I shall not go to work if I can't and eat the breakfast she made before she left.

I put the note in one of the drawers of my side table and slid off my bed to see what breakfast she had made.

The moment I entered the dining area, I saw Nat sitting while eating a sandwich. I thought it was the breakfast made by Freen, but I saw a plate with bacon and an egg sandwich.

"Freen asked me to look after it, and you. She wants to make sure you eat." Nat rolls his eyes and puts the last bite of his sandwich in his mouth.

"Did Freen makes you a sandwich too?" I ask.

Nat shakes his head and brings his plate to the basin. He washes his hand and motions for me to sit down and eat.

"That sandwich is bacon bling. Originally from Great Britain. It's a special and expensive one." Nat explains.

"How do you know?" I ask again.

Nat heaves a sigh and rolls his eyes again.

"It's not simple bacon and egg sandwich. It has gold leaf, gold dust, saffron, truffle oil, and black truffles, and the bacon used is a rare breed. Freen asked me to look for ingredients early this morning for you," he scoffs.

I laugh at his sulking face and shake my head. I message Freen first before eating the sandwich. Nat keeps looking at me, so I share it with him. He joyfully sits beside me, and I let him take a bite.

"You should get a girlfriend." I roll my eyes and finish the food.

"But my crush has a girlfriend, too." Nat frowns, making my eyes widen.

"You like a guy?" I ask in amusement.

Nat shakes his head. "My crush is gay. She likes girls."

I pat his shoulder and comfort him. I can't do anything about it, but I'm happy that he accepts her though she's not straight. I mean, there are guys out there that will be turned off if they find out that their crush is not a straight fella.

"By the way, are you going to work? I can give you a ride." Nat wiggles his eyebrows, and I nod at him.

I take a quick bath and put on light makeup, then go to the site where Freen and Heng are filming.

Everyone is busy, but I manage to peek at them. I smile when I see her but am also surprised when she suddenly kisses Heng. I feel someone stabs me, but I choose to smile.

"Are you enjoying the view?" Nat asks.

"I'm happy for her," I say, ignoring his question.

"I'm happy for you," he whispers, causing me to look at him.

"For?"

"You're mature now. You know what's scripted or not. You know when to be jealous or not. Freen is lucky to have you." Nat smiles and pats my shoulder.

"Lower your voice. Someone might misunderstand." I playfully punch his chest, making him laugh.

When the scene is done, I excuse myself and enter the tent where Freen is supposed to rest. She's already here and lying on her folding bed.

No one is around, so I dare to kiss Freen's forehead while she's asleep.

I giggle when she flinches and shriek when she pulls me, causing me to get on top of her. She fixes her position and lets me lie down beside her. It's a single bed, but she manages to fit us in.

"I wash my lips. Can I kiss you?" she inquires, and I nod. Freen leans in for a kiss and bites my lower lip.

I squint at her and make a face, causing her to giggle.

"Let's date."

My eyes widen at her words.

Date? That's a big word.

"You have a boyfriend, Freen. We can't." I say in a shallow voice.

"Yeah, you can't."

Freen and I immediately stand up when we hear Heng's voice which just entered the tent. He's fuming mad, and his hand forms a fist.

"Wait, listen to me." Freen tries to stop Heng, but his steps sure know where to go.

"Listen to you? The last time I listened, you said that she was only your assistant and nothing was going on between the two of you, but I heard from you a while ago you wanted to date her! What's the truth, Freen?" Heng yells at her.

"Can you please lower your voice?" Freen asks, but Heng shakes his head and goes in my direction, and lands a violent slap on my face, causing me to sit down on the ground because of the impact.

My face is numb, and I can hear Freen crying and pleading with Heng to stop, but he's not listening. He's only looking at me intensely as he is chasing his breath.

"I trust you, Becky! I trust you to look after her! I ask you to take care of her and not to fall in love!" He shouts again.

Many people go inside the tent and look at us. I hide my face, and Freen pushes Heng.

"She didn't do anything wrong! I was the one who flirted with her! Don't blame her!" Freen shouts back at him and covers me using her jacket. She helps me stand up and go outside.

"Come back here, Freen! Damn it!" Heng curses, but we ignore him.

Freen calls Nat and she entrusts me to him. Before Nat drives, Freen kisses my forehead while tears stream down her face.

"I'll fix this. Go home. Take care."