CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

"Who the hell sold our company?"

I heard Heng shouting from inside the office. I slowly twisted the knob, and they didn't bother to look at me. Heng was grabbing Saint's collar, but Saint only squinted at him. I leaned on the wall and crossed my arms to watch the fascinating scene.

"Heng, this company is already bankrupt. We should be thankful because someone bought this company, although it couldn't generate a profit," Saint explains calmly.

"You sold this without my permission?" he thundered.

"We don't need your permission, Heng. You're not a shareholder. You became owner because you're married to Freen, who had the highest share. Do you get it?" Saint asked again, but this time with irritation. "We only need Freen's and not yours."

I chuckled at what Saint said. They both looked at me, and Heng's brows immediately furrowed after seeing me laughing.

"It was you! You brainwashed my wife!" Heng shouted and was about to go in my direction when Saint stopped him. "How dare you?"

"Calm down, Heng. Becky helped to save the company. It was still named after Freen," Saint explains. "But the condition was Freen was the only person who could manage it. It was under her father's corporation now."

Heng huffed. "What did I do to you?" he asked.

"I told you before I left. I will steal her from you, and you won't have a choice but let go." I turned around and twisted the knob to leave, but I was startled when I saw Freen standing.

"Let's go home?" she asked in a shallow voice.

I slowly smiled and nodded. Freen reached for my hands, and we ran outside the building. Heng kept on calling us, but we ignored him.

Today, it would be only Freen and me.

Freen and I went to my condo, and I prepared a dish for her. She smiled at me the moment I put down the salad before her.

"Thank you, but I can't accept what you give me."

I looked at her with knitted brows. "What are you talking about?"

"The company. You bought it and named it after me. I can't accept it. It's too much, Becky."

I smiled at her and sat beside her. I tucked the remaining hair behind her ear and cupped her cheeks.

"You deserve everything in this world, babe: fame, money, and me." I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

Freen only looked at me sadly. Her eyes were telling me something I couldn't fathom. What's with her?

My heart beat rapidly, but I ignored it. Maybe, it was only my imagination.

"I'm tired." Freen heaved a sigh. "I want a hug." She smiled at me.

I thought she would say absurd again, like leaving me or what. I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want her to get tired of me. Though, I was getting out of line.

That night when Heng left, I called the girl–Heng's foster sister. I discovered that she was indeed his sister, but every time Heng had a new girl, he would bring it to her house and occupy it, making her leave her home. She also told me that it was the reason why she became sick.

One night, Heng asked her to leave, and she had nowhere to go. She was afraid to ask Freen since she would find out about Heng's affair. Although she wanted to tell her everything, she was scared of what Heng could do. She stayed out all night and got a cold that soon became pneumonia.

I was out of words when she told me everything. How could that man do that to her sister? How could he pay all her family kindness this? I wondered what Freen had suffered while I was away.

I looked at Freen and heaved a sigh. What did he do while I was in England? Did he hurt you? Did he say something to you that hurt your feelings?

"What are you doing?" Freen asked with furrowed brows.

"Looking at my future wife," I answered.

Freen's started to redden, so she looked away, avoiding my gaze. I went in her direction and sat on her lap, startling her.

"Now, what are you doing?" she asked again.

"I want to feel you tonight," I whispered and leaned in to kiss her neck.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Last night was primal and real, but the moment I woke up, everything had changed.

Freen was no longer next to me, and all I could see was a note on my bedside table. She wrote it, and as I started to open it, my hand started to shake.

Dear Becky,
I know how much you love me, and I love you too. I know how much effort you put into working this relationship, but I guess the problem is not actually Heng or you. I've made up my mind, and I need to refresh it.

I'm hurt. I can't feel that I am a human anymore. I feel like a robot enslaved by someone. I can't decide on my own, and I can't do what I want. I'm always stuck in the middle.

I'm afraid to hurt people, but it ends up hurting me. I can't feel my heart anymore. I'm getting numb. I'm sorry if I tell you too late. I can't say this to your face, so I write it down. All my feelings that soon enough will explode.

Believe me, I love you, but I need to breathe too. Don't look for me. I'll come back. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.

I love you so much, Becky. Please, wait for me.

- Your future wife, Freen.

I hugged the paper as the hot tears streamed down my face. How could I not notice it? How could I let her feel this way?

"Freen!" I shouted in pain.

Why didn't you tell me sooner, so I could avoid this from happening? Why did you have to go when we could do it together?

"Come back soon." I sobbed through tears.

I can't lose you. How can you leave me like this?

a/n: Tomorrow is our first day of examination, so before I review my notes, here's a chapter for all of you! Thank you for waiting, and I'll update you again soon. Lovelots!