✦ Career Choices...(🦋) ✦

I'm not sure if this is a thing but just imagine that the following internship is actually a thing at Hogwarts.

Now without further adieu...

Career Choices -Lorenzo Berkshire

---------FOREWORD---------

Its was your last year at Hogwarts and it was time for the experience every 6th Year is talking about.Its 'Career tryout week'.

Career Tryout Week was a one-week long internship in the muggle world to get a taste of their chosen path or to choose one that suites their interests.

It starts today.You and Lorenzo were head over heels for it. You wanted to become an Architect - and build the place where people will feel comfortable (home) - Lorenzo wanted to be a Doctor (specifically a paediatrician cuz he wanted to help all those children).

It was day one of your long trip. The whole trip was around London.

-------END OF FOREWORD-------

y/n's pov

I put my bags into the bus and hopped onto one of the two free seats whilst holding the other one for Enzo.

"Hey Y/N!"
"Enzoooo! Whats up."
"Im just too excited about today. The pathways of the day are: Medical and Engineering!!"
"Sounds AMAZING! I hope this helps in you becoming a paediatrician."

I gave him a big smile as we overdosed on sugar the whole way there. Chocolates,sweets,biscuits and more.

We finally got to a hospital near Westminister.
We were welcomed by a nurse with a warm looking smile and a blue and white uniform.

"Hi everyone! Welcome to St.Mungo's Hospital. I am Stacy, a junior nurse in this field. I will be your explanatory leaflet for today." She said as she chuckled with the class.

"You will all be split into 2's so grab a partner everyone!" The nurse said with a peppy tone. I grabbed Enzo's arm even though I knew he wasn't going to go to someone else. They labelled the groups and took each pair to a different room with another nurse. We luckily were with Stacy.

"Right. This way! Follow me please."
She took us to one of the hospital rooms which looked like it was a biology classroom. I guess this is where they teach? There was a kid on the hospital bed. Looked around 12 years old.

"This is Alisha May Emory. She is 12 years old. She is our paediatric patient today who has come to do her monthly check-up."

"Hi, how are you guys?" She said in a sweet voice.

"Hey. I am Y/N and this is Lorenzo. We are doing great, thanks! How about you though? Nervous?" I replied to the girl.

"Nervous? No, not really anymore. I've gotten used to it!" She said with the biggest smile.

"Okay Alisha, shall we start?" Nurse Stacy asked her.

"Of Course." She replies.

Nurse Stacy got out her stethoscope and started to find Alisha's heartbeat.

"89 bpm. Its not too high. That good. Now im just going to collect your blood to check any abnormalities.We can't have you fainting again, can we?"

Stacy got a cotton bud, a sanitary,anti-septic wipe and a syringe.I looked at Lorenzo as he seemed excited and then he looked at the equipment.

"Enzo are you o-"

*Thud*

Enzo's body fell to the ground. I couldnt help but laugh...I don't think the others understood what happened.

Stacy stared at me like I was crazy whilst finishing up Alisha's check-up and I narrowed my eyes to the needle in her hand causing her to look at it too. After the realisation hit her, she also burst out laughing as she tried to explain to Alisha. We decided to let him 'chill' like that for a bit.

---------half an hour later---------

I sprinkled some water lightly on Enzo's face.

"Enzo? Are you alright?."
"Wait. What happened?"
"You fainted after you saw the syringe.."
"Oh."
"A-And y-you w-want-wanted to b-be a p-paediatrician!" I said while laughing.
"Shut up!" He said with an embarrassed expression plastered onto his face.

"Well, While you were unconscious. We finished Alisha's check-up so you are free to go." Nurse Stacy said with a smile on her face.
"I think that for the best." I replied as I looked over to Lorenzo. Trying to not giggle in his face.

"Bye Alisha! Bye Stacy!" Me and Lorenzo said with an energetic voice.

All of the pairs joined together and reassembled in front of the hospital.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE LETS GET ON THE BUS!" Mcgonagall had to practically scream because there were so many of us.

Me and Enzo got onto the bus and sat in our seats.

"I just can't believe you fainted!?"
"You're never going to let me forget about it, are you?"
"NOPE!"

He looked a little sad so I gave him a tight hug.

"Come on Enzo. Cheer up!"
"But how am I supposed to be anything in the medical field if I can't stand Syringes?"
"Don't say that...Im sure you will become exactly what you want and if you don't, there are many other options."

"Nothing is going right anymore! First, I become a death eater,not by choice. Then, my dad leaves my mum and me.And there is this girl who probably doesn't like me back. And now,I find out I can't be what I wanted to be because I am scared of needles."

"Wait. Wait. WAIT A MINUTE. Rewind please. Did I just hear Lorenzo Berkshire likes a girl AND that the girl doesn't like him back? Has she met you?"

"Well I think that she doesn't like me because she says we are just friends..."

-------TO BE CONTINUED-------

Hello my lovelies!Well who is Enzo talking about? Guess we'll find out...Hope you enjoyed reading. Have a good day <3