CHAPTER 5 : WELCOME

"This place is better than I imagined" Ats exclaimed while spreading her arms wide.

"Agreed" Nads responded whilst elbowing Muna.

"You guys don't have to thank me. Although it is me who found this place" Muna smiled from ear to ear and walked with pride.

"Don't allow that ego of yours to get big" Hajra teased Muna and punched her in the shoulder.

"Yes, don't puff your chest that way when you walk" Ats mouthed and pointed at Muna.

"We're girls. There isn't a need for us to do that. They're already puffed" Amy interrupted while sticking her tounge out.

Everyone started laughing loudly. "Guys!" Muna cried embarrassingly. "Sorry" everyone yelled at the same time.

"Besides, our mom chose this place" Muna's sister interrupted.

"Drop it" Muna shouted with her hands up in the air. She then gestured at the pool and ambled towards it.

Meanwhile, ATM or Aisha, Taha and Mussu headed for the living areas. The mothers and siblings went to the room across the swimming pool. The room for the girls was nearer the pool. There were three washrooms. One was located inside the parents' hall while the other two were situated at the either ends of the area. The kitchen was next to the girls' room.

Muna, Ats, Nadz and Amy seated themselves on the edge of the pool. They dipped their feet into the clear water. "The water is cool" Muna said while swinging her legs back and forth. "Yeah, feels so good" Nadz agreed and threw her head back. Ats stared at the colorless liquid and spoke after a few moments of silence "I feel like drowning". "Yeah! Let's change and then we can sink her" Amy excalimed and punched Ats in the arm. "Guys! Come over. Explore the place first" Hajra yelled to the girls while waving her hand. "Coming" three of the girls responded and got up on their feet. "Get up" Nadz said to Ats but she remained still. "Dude" Muna called Ats. She showed no movement. "Stop freaking" Amy shouted in Ats' ear. She suddenly shook and shifted her vision from the calm fluid to Amy's face. They both held eye contact for a moment and then Ats responded with a half smile. Amy moved back with a strange feeling. Ats got up and followed the girls. As they had their feet submerged in water, the floor had wet footprints. Muna, Amy and Nadz left damp trails as they walked but the ground remained dry when Ats moved although her feet were as wet as the others.

"Check this out" Farru exclaimed as she opened the kitchen door. "A little dusty" Imaan said while coughing. "Doesn't look like it has been used in a while" Hajra suspected and looked around. Meanwhile Muna, Nadz and Amy stepped in. "This place is for cooking or getting cooked" Amy joked whilst pushing her hair back. "Yeah dude! It is hot in here" Muna replied and fanned herself with her hand. "No! It's just me" Hajra responded while winking. "Ohhhhhh!" Everyone exclaimed and rolled their eyes. "Kidding" Hajra clarified. "We know, right" Nads said and stuck her tounge out.

"We can put our food in here" Farru suggested whilst gesturing at the little rusty fridge. She bent down to open the door of the refrigerator when Imaan asked loudly "Where is Ats?" "She was with you guys" Farru stood straight and looked over at Muna, Nads and Amy. "She was behind us" Muna informed and raised her shoulders. "But where now?" Nads observed behind her and then at the others while asking. "Let's go to the police station" Hajra yelped. Amy and Imaan giggled. "This place is huge she must be with the others" Imaan justified. "Right! But you were the one who asked" Amy told Imaan with a narrow gaze. "Duh!" Muna exclaimed.

"Girls! Get your stuff in place" Taha shouted from the other side of the pool. "Yes! Coming" Nads yelled back. "Bring the food. We'll put it in here" Farru said. "This place isn't clean enough. The fridge looks pretty old and hungry itself. Nope! Food not safe in here" Amy joked and moved Farru away from the fridge. "Correct!" Muna responded and laughed. "Okay" Farru agreed and headed outside of the kitchen. All of them left the dusty room and moved to the parents' hall to get their stuff. "We have to sink Ats. Remember?" Amy reminded Nads and Muna and winked. "Yes! Of course but where is she?" Muna replied excitingly. "Must be in there" Nads pointed at the room. "Yeah" Amy responded. "What was wrong with Ats? Why were her eyes looking so creepy?" Amy thought to herself.

"There you are Ats!" Hajra yelled. "We were going to the police station to report about you" she continued. "Why? I was here only" Ats replied while folding her shirt. "You changed already?" Muna questioned shockingly. "Why to waste time? You people have to sink me. Remember?" Ats replied and gazed at Amy witha creepy smile. Muna and Nads laughed it away. Amy half smiled and swallowed deep. "She copied my words? She heard me? How?" Questions rushed in Amy's mind. Everyone gathered their stuff and left for the girls' room. No one bothered to think how Ats had reached the other end so soon. Wasn't she following the other girls? Then how did she reach the other side and changed quickly?

The ten friends explored the room and conquered their corners. "We have to change" Taha announced. "Same room?" Mussu said surprisingly. "Yup!" Aisha replied while winking and elbowed Mussu. "Aye you! Stay away" Mussu warned in a pitched voice and pushed Aisha. Everybody laughed. "Don't worry Mussu. Although you three are the ATM, we'll pay you" Amy teased Mussu and nodded sideways. "What?" Mussu questioned and looked at Amy. It took her a moment to realise what Amy meant. "You Amma!! I'll not leave you!" Mussu shouted and stomped forward. "Oh! Extra pay for that then" Amy continued. "Youuu" Mussu yelled and rushed towards Amy. Amy ran around the room. "Lights" she cried. "Okay" Aisha responded and switched off the lights. "Change everyone" Taha announced. Amy grabbed her tshirt and kept on running. Mussu chased her in the dark. Amy bumped into Hajra. "What are you doing?" Hajra asked angrily. "Sorry dude" Amy whispered and hit her thigh. She squeaked when she realised that Hajra had no pants on. "Sorry again" she apologized and moved quickly from there. Amy grabbed her leggings and mived into a corner. "Amy" Mussu grumbled. Amy pulled her pants down and swiftly slid one leg into the legging but Mussu seemed closer. So she paced away from there with one leg dressed and the other bare. She reached the other corner but on the way bumped into someone. "Sorry! Who are you?" Amy whispered. The person hissed. "Huh?" Amy asked in husky voice. Amy kept her hand on the girl's shoulder. The skin was cold and uncovered. Amy's fingers got tangled in the long hair. "Amy!" Mussu yelled again. Everyone giggled. Amy quickly untangled her fingers and limped to the corner. She slid the other leg in and removed her shirt. She pulled down the tshirt and crumbled her clothes into a ball and threw it aside. "Got you!" Mussu cried and jumped over. She closed her mouth with her hand and struggled to keep her pinned to the ground. The victim grabbed Mussu's shoulders and shook her. "No way! I'll not let you change" Mussu said angrily. Taha shouted "Done?" "Yeah" everyone replied. She then switched on the lights. As soon as the darkness was gone, Mussu saw who she was holding and screamed. The other girl shouted back.

"I'm sorry" Mussu got up and looked away. "You mad girl" Aisha cried loudly. "You didn't even let me wear my tshirt" Aisha continued. "I thought you are Amy" Mussu reasoned. "Nah! I'm here" Amy replied and threw a top to Aisha. She quickly wore it. "Now you have to pay Aisha" Muna joked and hid behind Hajra. "I'm not running again" Mussu said annoyingly. "Obviously, it is enough for one day" Imaan said while putting her clothes inside the bag. All the girls except Aisha and Mussu, guffawed. "Enough guys! If she understands she'll run and next time won't even let me wear my pants" Aisha said whike getting up. "The boss was serious after all" Nads stuck her tounge out and teased Aisha. "The boss is always right" Aisha winked and headed for the exit. "Yup! Even if the boss is half naked" Muna joked and kicked the ball of clothes on the bags. "Ugh" Aisha exclaimed and rushed outside. Everyone laughed and passed on jokes. Amy suddenly remembered and noticed everyone's hair. The only ones with long hair are Nads and she herself. And Nads had hair done into a tight braid. Then who was the girl with whom she collided?

The nine girls walked to the pool. Ats had changed earlier so she was outside all the time. Mussu went back in and wore her pj's.

Ats stood at the edge of the pool. Amy looked suspiciously between the room and Ats. She sensed something spooky but couldn't figure out why. Ats looked back at Amy and gave a freaking smirk. And then a sudden blow of wind struck her and for a moment it felt as if someone else was standing in place of Ats. Someone with long and messy hair.

And with another flow of breeze, Ats dived into the pool.