Chapter I

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the ATLA characters or original stories, only the plot of this fanfiction. ATLA characters and original storyline belong to Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. 

"Zuko!!", I screamed, pure fear filling my body as I saw him get struck by Azula's lightning. I ran over to him, ready to heal him, when I heard her maniacal cackle. She shot another bolt of lightning at me and missed by several centimeters. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I drew a large wave out of the basins on either side of the courtyard and sent it crashing onto the roof where she had been standing. She was gone. I heard an evil chuckle as she suddenly came up behind me. I reacted quickly, sliding away on ice, which instantly evaporated under Azula's fiery wrath. I hid behind a pillar as I heard her mocking tone: "Zuzu, you don't look so good! I'd really rather our family physician take care of him if you don't mind!" Suddenly, I heard something sloshing under me. I was standing on a sewer grate. my eyes fell to a hook with a chain on them. I had an idea. I ran onto the grate, letting Azula see me. She instantly ran up to me and positioned herself for lightning. I raised the water around us and froze her and me. I let out a long breath, thawing the ice around me. I briskly grabbed the chain and tied it around her wrists, then brought it down and tied it through one of the holes in the grate, before bringing the water down. I breathed in the air, gasping for breath. I hurriedly tightened Azula's chains, relieved that she didn't struggle. I ran over to Zuko and coated my hand in water. What if it didn't work? Aang got struck by lightning too, and he could only be saved by spirit water. Zuko managed to redirect most of it, he'll be okay. Right...?  I saw his face scrunch up in pain, before he breathed a sigh of relief and whispered: "Thank you Katara" Tears formed in my eyes and poured down my cheeks. "I think I'm the one who should be thanking you", I whispered back. I helped him sit up. Suddenly we heard an agonized scream. Azula was sobbing and blue flames shot from her mouth. Even though she tried to kill me, my heart still twisted. She had broken. I glanced at Zuko. Grief showed in his eyes. "She was still my sister", he muttered, looking away. "I'm sorry", I said. He sighed. "We won, Katara", he said, sounding happier. I smiled and said: "Yeah, we did" We watched the comet fade and then he turned to me. "We should probably head back, huh?" And then I kissed him.

A/N: I've come to a decision that my story relies mostly on really short chapters, like 200-400 words.