chapter 8: falling.

I opened my eyes and we were in front of a building suddenly and Clay had to dodge it and we  all flew in our seat's, I almost fell out of mine because I didn't think to buckle up.

"wow" was all I could say.

As we flew above the city, We all were looking around.

"welcome to the city ladies and gentlemen."

I was blown away, I have only been to the city a couple of times, and seeing a city like this took my breath away.

"wow...what happened..?" I said
"the blackness happened." Guz said.

"now this place is filled with beasts and-" "BRACE FOR IMPACT!" Suddenly the 'transporter' was struck by something, all I saw was black, and there was ear piercing screeching from whatever it was, and we started spinning uncontrollably.

"HOLY CRAPPPPP!!-I screamed as we started to fall while spinning, and I, being an idiot, didn't buckle up, so I was grasping onto my seat.

"WHY DIDNT YOU BUCKLE UP?" screamed hunter "BECUASE IM NOT A SMART THINKERRRR!"
My grasp failed, and I already knew I was going to die, what a way to die, Breaking news! Idiot 'hero' who has the ability to save the world dies because they didn't wear a seatbelt! Though how high we were, it didn't matter if you had a seatbelt.

I crashed into a window and cursed at myself for not listening to those ads about seatbelts as I was surprised the window didn't break.

Clay was desperately trying to fix the 'transporter' by pushing buttons and steering it, then he started slamming the buttons.

Then my hands began to tingle, and I saw a bit of blue.

As I was focusing on my hand's, I felt a pair of arms around my waist and pull me to them to stop me from flopping around, I looked down and saw clay's arms, and my stomach did a backflip, well, because we were falling thousands of feet and him holding onto me.

I closed my eyes and prayed that my death would be quick and non-painful.

But I got another answer when the helicopter straight up stopped.

it was silent and I slowly opened my eyes, I was expecting to be standing on some clouds, but I was still in the 'transporter, and it was all a still and everyone was looking around.

I was confused and looked outside, we were in midair and there was a faint blue-Ish-red around the ship.

Then we started to drift to a mall.

We were all confused and looked at eachother, I found myself gripping clay's arms from fear, and We let go of each other and he went over to the control panel and started pressing buttons and i waddled back to my seat to avoid falling since the 'transporter' was slightly titled.
"..how are we alive..?" I said with my voice a bit shaky.
"I dont know, but Ill find out." Clay said as luz and her crew, checking in with each other.
He pressed a button and began to speak.

 "hello? This is-"

"yes, we know your the rescuer's, we saw your signal before the blackness hit you." 

"ah, so thats what that was."

"yea, were bringing you here."

We were rested on the roof of the mall and when we opened the door, two robots stood there, they were white with black screens and scribbled on faces with a girl in some robot parts as armor and a little blond boy.