Shot#12: Confirmation Needed

Milky white feet of a girl wearing white flats walked on the terrace, the ankle made a rhythmic sound as she walked, her white and golden dress shone brightly under the moonlight. She lifted her hand to tuck her fringe behind her ear and adjusted her dupatta, she smiled looking at the moon standing by the railing waiting for her special person to arrive. Meanwhile, Karan was getting ready to finally come face to face with the secret admirer girl who kept him waiting for so long to reveal her beautiful face. Even he had to look good to go in front of that girl for the first time as her love just like she was to come in the dress gifted by him to her. He smiled at himself in the mirror.

K: itni butterflies kya aa rahi hain pait mein? Aisay blush bhi larkiyaan karti hain yaar, confident ho kar ja.

He sighed and made his way out of his room making sure no one's there. As he got his way clear, he approached the stairs that went to terrace and climbed them slowly and cautiously in order to not alert the anonymous girl and to catch her red-handed. As he reached, he stepped inside and looked around searching for her, and there she was standing by the railing wearing the dress gifted by him. He smiled and tiptoed to her slowly. He caught hold of her arm slowly and turned her towards him, the girl was none other than Suhana, her smile stole his heart right away, her hair blew over his face, she didn't look less than an angel in the dress.

K: Suhana? Suhana tum?

Su: kya hua? Chaunk gaye?

K: really Suhana? Woh tum he thi jis ne letter likha? Gulaab ka phool bheja aur billi ke haathon mujh tak pohncha diya? Maine woh billi ko tum larkiyo'n ke paas bheja toh tum sab ne ek jitna pamper kiya, plan A toh samjho tum sab ne ek saath fail kar diya (she laughed), party ki us mein bhi gaane ki 2 lines maine boli, koi kuchh bola he nahi, ye plan B bhi fail kar diya (she continued to giggle), drunk bhi kar diya tum sab ko, lekin guess what? Drunk ho kar comedy bhi bas sirf Preeta ne ki, tum sab goongay ho gaye thay (she held her tummy laughing like a maniac at his statements), ye mera plan C bhi gaya fail ho gaya, aur mera plan D, woh (he held both her arms shaking her) woh toh fail karne wali tum he thi mujhe usi waqt samajh jana chahiye tha ke woh letter wali tum he ho, kaise paper phaarne ke liye sab ko keh diya, mujhe ek baar dekhne bhi nahi diya, kya chahti thi, apni pehchaan chhupa kar tum saabit kya karna chahti thi, bata do na, aray us din toh keh rahi thi ke tum pyaar vyaar ke chonchlo'n se kaafi agay ho...

He was cut in between as she placed her finger on his lips, he looked at her finger and then at her.

Su: shhhhh, kitna boltay ho yaar Karan, saans toh le lo, main yaheen ho okay, kaheen nahi ja rahi, jo bolna hai slow slow bolo baby, relax

Karan blinked his eyes and she removed her finger, they were standing really close to each other, their bodies were touching.

Su: sorry Karan, tumhe itna sochna para, tumhe itni confusion hui, itni mehnat ke bawajood pata nahi chal pa raha tha, jab tum ne ye letter likha aur ye dress bheja na, bas maine socha, ab ye last try kamyaab rahay gi bas, aur main ab tumhare saamne bhi aa gayi, jaanti hoon woh letter sab ko bheja aur dress bhi, lekin aana toh usi ko tha na jis ne letter likha, aur woh main he hoon Karan, main he tum se pyaar karti hoon, isliye main aa gayi, tumhare baare mein toh mujhe nahi pata, ke tum pyaar kartay ho ya nahi.

She lowered her gaze, he looked on

She lowered her gaze, he looked on. He tucked her fringe behind her ear, she looked up at him. He wrapped his arm around her back pulling her close, she looked on resting her palms on his chest. He smiled at her, she smiled back.

Su: matlab ke, tum mujh se pyaar...

K: karta hoon

She smiled.

Su: lekin Karan, tum sure ho na is baare mein? Tum mera dil rakhne ke liye toh nahi keh rahay na? Rejection is better than fake promises. Hurt me with the truth but please don't comfort me with a lie.

K: I am not comforting you, I am not even rejecting you, I am accepting you.

Su: hmm, but may I ask, tumhe realize kab hua?

K: abhi, isi waqt

Su: Karan please, don't joke, sachi batao na please, dekho tum chaho toh apna time le lo, lekin achanak jaldbaazi mein liye huay faislo'n ke baad pachhtana parta hai

K: achha theek hai, main apna time le leta hoon confirm karne ke liye, okay? (she nodded) is se tum hurt toh nahi ho rahi?

Su: bilkul nahi Karan, tumhe poora haq hai ke tum apna time lo aur sahi faisla karo

K: okay as you say (he left her and began to leave but then turned to her) by the way Suhana, agar ye dress baaki larkiyaan pehnti toh bilkul achhi nahi lagti, itni toh bilkul nahi jitni tum lag rahi ho, ek dam chand ki chandni, bala si khoobsurat, suraj ki pehli kiran, andhere mein jalti hui akeli mombati, you know, in short, ek dam Husn Pari, pari lok ki pari, jaise zameen pe chaand (she blushed by his words), tumhare aagay toh chaand aur suraj bhi paani bharein, dono kuchh nahi tumhare agay, chaand ki chandni bhi nahi aur suraj ki pehli kiran bhi kuchh nahi, dono pheekay par jaaein tumhare agay.

She smiled looking down.

K: tumhe aadha jawab mil gaya lekin ab bhi shayad tumhe confirmation chahiye (she nodded) mil jaye gi, don't worry

She smiled and turned her back towards him again. He smiled and began to leave but then went to her and pulled her towards him and they went from there together smilingly.