Chapter 37

~Adriana's POV~

I didn't know how to feel about Haylie's apology. I knew she was full of shit but I wanted to see how it would play out.

She had been around Spencer a lot lately... and I was starting to think he actually believed she was sorry.

I was grabbing my things until Connor walked up to me.

"Hey." Connor said.

"Hi Connor." I said.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"I think Haylie's up to something." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She told me she was gonna basically steal Spencer away from me and then suddenly apologized about it after." I said.

"Yeah she's full of shit." He said.

"I think Spencer actually believes her that she's sorry. That's the problem." I said.

"Oh shit." He said.

"I'm just seeing how it plays out. I really hope I'm not overthinking it." I said.

"Ask him to hangout. If he says he's hanging out with Haylie then that's how you know he really believes her." He said.

"Okay. One second." I said.

I walked over to Spencer and Haylie.

"Hey babe. Can you come over after school today?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry, but I promised Haylie I'd hangout with her." Spencer said.

"Okay." I said.

Not even an I love you?

I walked away.

I wanted to fucking cry.

"What did he say?" Connor asked.

"If I talk I'm gonna cry Connor." I said.

Tears were already filling my eyes.

"Here. Walk with me." He said.

I looked back and Spencer didn't even fucking notice that I was walking with Connor because he was laughing with Haylie.

Fuck.

"I'm sorry Adriana. For everything. And I'm not bull shitting you." Connor said.

"It's okay Connor. I'm just tired of all this drama." I said.

"Can we be friends? Like for real." He said.

"Yes, yes of course." I said.

"Okay cool. And Haylie and I broke up because she cheated on me with Jacob." He said.

"Oh God. Not Jacob." I said.

"Right? He's disgusting." He said.

"He only wants girls for sex." I said.

"Yeah. Turns out I wasn't ready for it after all. I always talked about how I wanted it with you, but deep down, I'm glad you said no because I was never ready." He said.

"I guess I did you a favor." I said.

"I'm glad we're able to be friends." He said.

"Me too. I think it's best that way." I said.

"Yeah. I don't know why I was such a dick. That was messed up for me to do. And I'm not being a Haylie and lying about it. I hated that I did that." He said.

"It's okay." I said.

"If Spencer hurts you Adriana I swear. You can't go through that again." He said.

"I just hope nothing really bad happens." I said.

Just as we walked to the bench by the locker I saw Haylie.. and Spencer.. kissing.

"Jesus fuck." Connor said.

On my fucking game day too.