🧸🩹 namjoon ¡! ❞ food poisoning

[requested by Kaisahsparkle ]

oof, took me long enough. sorry you had to wait so long, i wrote a few versions because i wasn't quite satisfied but that's the final outcome. it's kinda short but i hope you won't be disappointed lol

! trigger warning!

food poisoning, vomiting

[...]

summary;

namjoon suffers from food poisoning, and as soon as the rest finds out, they all take care of their leader.

[...]

namjoon reluctantly opens his eyes, the first thing his half-dazed mind can register is the fact that he feels . . . weird. he can't exactly pinpoint what's wrong but in comparison to every other usual morning, this one just seems off.

convinced it's just the effect of still being half asleep, namjoon dismisses the odd feeling and slowly shifts to a sitting position. a shiver instantly runs down his spine, goosebumps dotting all over. the back of the rapper's pajama is sticking uncomfortably to his skin due to the excessive sweat his body produced overnight. confused, namjoon brushes his fingertips over the bedsheets, only to find out that these were unpleasantly warm and clammy too.

forgot to turn on the air con. he shrugs it off, not noticing a pattern yet.

his gaze falls onto the cluttered desk, sheets of paper, books, delivery food leftovers, and generally mess sprawled over it. delivery food leftovers . . . yesterday namjoon began to work on lyrics for his new song, yet being continuously defocused by hunger, he decided to order some food. it was already late at night and he neither wanted to bother his hyungs to cook nor bother his hyungs with a fire in the kitchen if he tried to cook. and with some decent restaurants still opened and on delivery, it wasn't that difficult of a choice to pick up his phone and make a call. the food he received wasn't the best quality yet for his hunger, definitely satisfactory enough.

namjoon gets up with the intention to throw the trash away, however, as soon as he stands tall and straight, the room around him starts to spin, making the boy waver. he gets a hold of the nightstand, stabilizing himself but also accidentally knocking the alarm clock off of it, the numbers on it blurry. 11:14, it reads (from what the rapper can establish). he frowns.

after tons of work they had accomplished so far, today was their first in ages well-deserved day off, which meant no dance practices or rehearsals, nonetheless, namjoon very rarely got up so late. he usually woke up naturally between seven or eight, maximum at nine if he stayed up late the day before or just needed more rest. if anyone was to wake up after 11, it was yoongi, not namjoon.

recovering after a sudden dizzy spell, namjoon takes the garbage and leaves his room, stumbling down the stairs, watching his step carefully. he can't really tell why everything around him feels so unstable, or is it him?

seeing hoseok and seokjin seated by the kitchen table, namjoon begins to say, "hey--" he clears his throat, only now realizing how scratchy and dry it feels, "why did no one wake me up earlier?"

hobi smiles at him apologetically, "we knew you were working on lyrics at night so we just concluded that you'll need more sleep."

yoongi, who normally doesn't look this refreshed at this hour, makes his way into the living room. he stops in his tracks, his gaze scrutinizing namjoon for a moment. "you look like crap."