Special Armed Police

A little bit of information about the Special Armed Police which will play an important role in the story.

History

The Special Armed Police is a private militarized police force which was formed around 2001 to replace the UN peacekeeping forces after it was proven that the main mission in protecting innocent civilians had failed. It was formed as a private security unit at first and consisted of only 90 police officers which then increased to 200. By 2021, the S.A.P. consisted of nearly 190000 police officers and SWAT operatives from around the world who had either resigned to join the force or defected due to political crisis situations but still wanted to enforce the law.

The role of the S.A.P. consists of mostly regular law enforcement, anti-terrorism, traffic control, combating organized crime, and fighting corruption. Depending on the nation they're deployed to, the S.A.P. is placed inder the command of the local police forces, meaning they have to follow their rules and laws, regardless of whether they are humane or not.

Units

Scorpio Team

Scorpio team is the main unit of the S.A.P. which has been tasked with regular law enforcement duties such as patrols, traffic control, border patrols and escort missions. If necessary, the unit acts as the main SWAT team behind the front lines, removing any suspicious elements and combating the drug lords of the nations.

Commanding Officer

Lieutenant Narek

Lieutenant Narek is the commanding officer of the Scorpio Team and the founder of the S

Lieutenant Narek is the commanding officer of the Scorpio Team and the founder of the S.A.P. corporation. He is very introverted and spends most of his time alone while he has never revealed his face to anyone, insted hiding his identity behind his cap and scarf. He is also very serious when it comes to law enforcement and does not hesitate to jeopardize his own life to protect the civilians from corrupt cops.

Equipment

Unlike the other units in the S.A.P., Scorpio Team is very lightly armed, with its personnel being equipped with only light body armor, bulletproof polyester caps, stun guns, 9mm pistols with bayonets mounted on them, shotguns, Toyota Hilux pickup trucks, Toyota Fortuner armored SUVs, and Mitsubishi Fuso and Canter tow trucks.

Alpha Team

Alpha Team the anti-narcotics unit of the S.A.P. and the most successful unit in the entire corporation, having cracked down and arrested over 10 drug lords while they are responsible for the destruction of the Dohrana Mafia without suffering a single loss.

Commanding Officer

Second lieutenant Andrew Shefield

A former NYPD SWAT operative who quit his job after noticing how corrupted the NYPD was

A former NYPD SWAT operative who quit his job after noticing how corrupted the NYPD was. After seeing two black people being shot to death by his colleagues, Andrew resigned and joined the S.A.P. as he still felt like he had to enforce the law. Unlike the lieutenant, he much more open towards his colleagues and spends time knowing them better. He is also a womanizer, attracting women with his compliment and flirting, which has made him rather unpopular in his unit.

Equipment

Unlike Scorpio Team, Alpha Team is much better armed and equipped, with its personnel being armed with M4 carbines, M16 assault rifles with bayonets, FN P90 submachine guns, QBZ-96 bullpup rifles with bayonets, M82 sniper rifles, grenade launchers, and equipped with F.R.B.H. helmets (copy of the FAST helmet), full body armor and night vision goggles, while their fleet of vehicles consists of AW139 and Eurocopter EC135 helicopters armed with rockets. They are also equipped with fast Zodiac inflatable boats for amphibious assault missions.

Charlie Squad

Charlie Squad is the S.A.P.s SWAT team, distinctive for their camouflaged helmets and yellow vests. It is responsible for anti-terrorist operations and counterinsurgency operations at the front lines, assisting local police forces and special forces in combating insurgent groups and clear up minefields. Unlike the two previous units, Charlie Squad is rather more colorful, with its personnel being equipped with M.I.C.H. helmets and full body armor, which are both licensed copies. They are also equipped with IWI Galatz sniper rifles, also licensed copies, IWI Negev light machine guns, and M2 heavy machine guns. They are responsible for the destruction of over 300 mines and the disarmament of three of the biggest militias in Africa and Asia. Other equipment of the squad includes MK6 ballistic helmets, Tavor X95 bullpup rifles, homemade rifle grenades, Javelin anti-tank missiles, FIM-92 Stinger MANPADS, VBL, VABWZ-551 armored vehicles

Commanding Officer

Captain Dimitri Abramov

A former Russian OMON officer who defected to Ukraine during the war after refusing to obey orders to kill innocent civilians in the occupied zones

A former Russian OMON officer who defected to Ukraine during the war after refusing to obey orders to kill innocent civilians in the occupied zones. After that, he joined among the S.A.P. with the hope of fighting against the corrupt system of his nation and for a more democratic Russia. Nobody knows what his face looks like, as he has never taken off his helmet and he always keeps the goggles lowered in order to conceal his identity completely, probably because of the fear that someone might recognize him and kill him.

Delta Squad

Delta Squad is the riot control of the S.A.P. and the main defensive unit. Unlike the previous units, Delta Squad is the most heavily armed in the entire police force, with its personnel being equipped with anti-tank missiles, 81mm mortars, TOW missiles, M79 grenade launchers, RPG-7 anti-tank rockets, and M40 recoilless guns. They are also equipped with riot shields, stun guns, rubber bullets and gas masks which can be attached to their helmets instead of being worn from the inside. 

Commanding Officer

Corporal Bogdan Antonescu

A former officer of the Romanian Gendarmerie and Afghan war veteran who joined the S

A former officer of the Romanian Gendarmerie and Afghan war veteran who joined the S.A.P. to train the local police force at Dohrana. Just like lieutenant Narek and Dimitri, he keeps his face covered and never takes off his helmet for reasons also unknown by his squad. He barely speaks, except when given orders, often replying by 'Yes sir', or asking questions about the mission.

(And that's all for the info. Stay tuned for the first chapter and let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to check out and subscribe to my Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/@LiteratureDefenseForceTV) (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3NFEl7QVOGicwHf47sx2kA) and Dailymotion (https://www.dailymotion.com/dm_3d747a802541c2896c380556ac124866) channels. Until then, see you next time. Remember, your opinion is always important)