18.

I get to the breakfast spot and see Demetri walking in and taking his seat at one of the booths by the window.

I shake my head and sigh.

"Let's get this shit over with." I'm ready to get back in the house and snuggle up on some cute shit with my last few hours off the court.

He sees me walking up and gets up to greet me.

"My nigga. What's goin' on." He speaks casually while he claps me up as if nothing could possibly be bothering him.

"Nothing much." I take my seat across from him.

"Bet on that. Yo, I heard about your girl on the news. How you doin' behind that shit man?"

I lean forward. He's setting his own trap.

"She was dirty as hell. You saw what she was... I have to wonder if what she was doing is what possibly got her killed. Robbery sounds like a cover up to me. Especially given she was shot three times and in a relatively safe area."

"We'll maybe, but you ain't care for the broad like that, right?" His expression changes.

I think for a moment before responding.

"Nah, but I didn't necessarily want her dead. She was someone's daughter."

"The way I see it, she had it coming. And now you don't have to worry about paying her to keep silent about anything. And shit don't stop over here."

Over here? I get it. I go down for some shit or fuck up my livelihood with severe damage to my reputation, the money train stops. The parties, the bottles, the gifts, the girls, the access to all those things are removed from the ones around me who get off on it all.

I'm tired of playing games, this back and forth banter is not going to get us anywhere. So I decide to ask him straight up.

"Did you have something to do with this shit Meech?"

He chuckles and wipes at his chin a few times before responding.

"I'd be kind of careful who I choose to refer to as a criminal out in public like this." He speaks seriously.

"Mhmm. That wasn't a no. Fuck Demetri, the police know I was I involved with that girl. This can come back on me my nigga!" I whisper aggressively.

"How the fuck they know that? What happens in your bedroom ain't public record."

"When I thought the girl was off, we had somebody over there do a full background check on her. I was technically looking into her. I had frequent contact with her according to phone records as well. Like I said the circumstances don't seem right. If I can tell it was deeper than a robbery cut and dry, you don't think the police will too?" I try to use my brain a little more for once.

I walk out of the kitchen with Eli's French Toast and my Pancakes. We both got sides of Turkey Sausage, and scrambled eggs with cheese.

As I had her the plate she mumbles.

"Awe, I'm about to cry for real." She stares at the tv.

I look to see what she's looking at.

"Oh that boy Cam done wiped himself off the map?"

She looks at me with a demanding expression.

"Stop, mental health is not a joke." She takes the plate.

I sit down next to her and put my feet up on the ottoman.

"I know. I mean, we all little crazy baby." I lean over to give her a quick couple of pecks on the cheek. She turns her face to kiss me on the lips and looks into my eyes.