Chapter 4

You woke up sometime later and turned your head to Paul

You woke up sometime later and turned your head to Paul. You noticed that he was crying. "Paul" you said. He looked at you with tears streaming down his face. "What's wrong?" you asked. "Nothing...I just...it's nothing. I'm just glad that you are okay" he said wiping his tears away. You knew that he wanted to say something but for some reason he did not want to. "What happened?" he asked. "I was standing on the edge and saw a creature in the ocean, I wanted to take a closer look, but my foot slipped" you said sadly. Paul got up from the chair. "I told you to be careful!!" he said angrily.

You were shocked at how Paul raised his voice. "You almost died!! he said.,"Please don't yell at me" you said and started to cry. Paul walked back over to your bed and sat down. "I'm sorry...I was just scared...I don't..." Paul said but stopped. You could tell that he was nervous. You wiped your tears away and looked at him.

"I don't want to...no I can't lose you" he said sadly. You both looked at each other. "Paul, are you okay?" you asked. "I've had these feelings for weeks now...I can't sleep or concentrate in my meetings and training sessions" he said. You moved closer to him. "What sort of feelings?" you asked. Paul put his hand on your cheek. You moved your face closer to his. His green eyes were staring into your eyes. "I'm in love with you, Y/N" he said.

Did he just say what you think he said? "I just thought that you should know, but I don't want to make you uncomf-" he said. You kissed him in the middle of his sentence. He held your face as he returned a kiss. You moaned as you felt his soft lips. "I'm in love with you too, Paul" you said. Paul smiled as he put his forehead against yours and moved his thumb over your cheek. "You're so beautiful" he said and smiled at you. You felt all warm and fuzzy inside when he said that.