Chapter 8

After running far away from the palace, you two stopped and sat down on the ground

After running far away from the palace, you two stopped and sat down on the ground. Paul looked through the backpack. "We can make a tent" he said and smiled at you. You two made a tent and went inside. It was so cold in the mountains. You and Paul laid down on a blanket. "It's so cold" you said as you shivered. Paul pulled you into his arms and held you tight. "Better?" he asked. "A little bit" you said as you wrapped your arms around him.

You two laid in silence for a bit until Paul heard you sniffling. He looked at you and saw that you were crying. "If something were to happen to me...I love you, Paul" you said crying. Paul touched your cheek. "Hey...don't talk like that...you're not going to die...I'll keep you nice and warm" he said and held you tighter. You snuggled into his chest and closed your eyes.

You woke up and heard rustling outside of the tent. You looked over to Paul who had a worried look on his face. Suddenly, the tent was ripped open. "No!! Let me go!" you cried as a man pulled you up. He threw you down on the ground. "Get away from her!!" Paul yelled as two men held him. The man turned around and scoffed. "Duke Paul Atreides" he said walking towards him.

"We were just going to leave you here and take our boss's property back to him but-"
the man said as he looked at you. "She's no one's fucking property!" Paul said angrily. The man punched Paul and you gasped. "Don't interrupt me" the man said and grabbed Paul's chin. "Please...please don't hurt him" you said whimpering. The man looked at you. "You can take me, just don't...don't hurt him" you said crying. The man smirked at Paul. "I see what's going on here..." the man said and smiled an evil smile.

Paul was pushed to the ground and crawled towards you. "I'm scared Paul" you said and started crying. "It's okay, baby...I'll give my life for yours, if I have to" he whispered to you. "No, Paul, you can't" you said whimpering. He intertwined his fingers with yours. "I'll do anyth-" Paul said but was pulled away from you. "Paul!!" you yelled. Suddenly, you were knocked unconscious.