real

tw: a lot of traumatic topics ab the past (sh, severe mental illness and so on)

"So... I feel like I owe you an explanation... again..." Y/n says as they step into Wilbur's home. "Don't push yourself... but yeah." Wilbur replies, trying to hide his need for the explanation of what the fuck has happened.

"So... the short version is that my only family member died and my life was fucked over by a bunch of orphan children so I got incredibly unstable... is that... helpful?" Y/n asks, too tired to give a shit about the consequences of her actions. "Uhh... how do I react to that? I mean, I'd like a longer version, but this one saddens me already, so do what you feel like doing..." Wilbur says, worried.

"So...

When I was like 7, my father was diagnosed with cancer. He never told me, so when he passed away 3 years later, I was shaken to my core. My mother wasn't in the picture by then, so I was alone. I was sent to some shitty, religiously traumatising orphanage and was extremely bullied by children there.

I was just 11 when I..." Y/n says, clearly struggling to say the words out loud.

"Don't rush. You don't have to tell me. I'm not forcing you, just know that." Wilbur says, still shocked about everything.

"I started to self-harm... I was 11..." Y/n says as she breaks down in tears in front of Wilbur. He immediately grabs her and hold her tightly.

"I'm so, so, so sorry, Y/n. That's fucking terrible. That's so fucked up, I'm so, so sorry..." Wilbur says, not being able to really express the pure empathy he feels towards the crying girl. Y/n takes a few breaths before continuing.

"I was called demonic for my actions, so I was bullied even more. It didn't stop, but when I turned 18 I simply left. That's also the day I put on a sweater I got from my father. He said he'd give it to me on my 18th birthday, but... yeah. It's actually a cute sweater. It has red and black stripes."(book cover:P)

"I'm sorry he wasn't able to give it to you. I'm not sure what's happened to him now, but I'm sure that in some way he's protecting you." Wilbur says, playing with Y/n's hair in a comforting manner.

"So... I met Tommy when I moved to my dad's... he actually helped me through the hospital a lot. He was my only friend at the time, but we lost touch when he went back to Nottingham." Y/n says, smiling slightly while remembering the kindness of the young boy.

"The... the hospital?" Wilbur asks, bringing Yn up slightly so that he can look at her.

"Well... remember how Tom asked what painkillers I took and gave you a confirm or deny glare? He... he didn't want me to take paracetamol." Y/n says. "Y/n..." Wilbur says.

quick a/n:
"do you want to kill yourself?" he asks.
and the question sounds unreal, because you never hear anyone ask that question in real life.(i had to)
a/n over

"Why'd you have an empty house? I know you were lying, but I don't know what you're trying to hide." Wilbur asks.

"I believe that's for... a better day. I'm on the verge of somehow killing myself with my own tears and it ain't the way I wanna go." Y/n says, receiving a small chuckle from Wilbur, successfully lightening the mood.

And then she jolts up from her office floor, covered in cold sweat, still holding her guitar.

Wait, what?

—————
HER LIFE STORY IS REAL IN THE CHAPTER, BUT SHE HASNT TOLD WIL
i was originally gonna make it all real, but then i realised that i would hate myself if i did that, and so i didnt do that.

also, a comment from a reader inspired the idea of it not being real!!
youve been trolaloled