⌞Ver Vermilion (5) ⌝

Tw;; Angst , suggestive themes (?).  Thank you heartbrokeneve  for requesting! Time to make you all suffer-

A/N > some of the wording you will see actually came from an experience of mine, somewhat. (such as the words in y/n's head,parents,students,ect.)

— — — — — — —

It was a dark and rainy night, your parents kept yelling non-stop, tears streaming down your face as you tried blocking the noise out with your headphones. Both your parents had been fighting again. They were never the best, sometimes they would lash out their anger on you. "Why can't you do better!? You're such a disappointment to the family!" The bitterness filling your head, making you sob into your pillow trying to sleep it off, since you still had school the next day.

I attended the Institution of Infinity, it was a nice school, and a very good get away from home. Getting up from my bed, I felt helpless, like everything will just keep getting worse and worse. My body felt sore and in pain, my mind was just pounding like crazy, yet, I still changed into my uniform, putting a jacket on to cover the many bruises that were on my arms. I opened the door to the living to find the house empty, I let out a relieved sigh as I grabbed a piece of cinnamon bread and walked to school.

As I entered the gates, I noticed some of the people that usually made fun of me were waiting for me. "Well look who it is.." One of them, the leader, spoke. I couldn't find the right words so I stayed quiet (I'm listening to Summer land by U-san and want to cry-) "Don't just stand there, you useless freak!" And yet again my head started filling up with their words. "Aww~ What are you gonna do~ Cry to your mommy~? Ah that's right, they don't love you. Who would? I mean just look at yourself! Ugly and lonely, pathetic." You felt tears once again tint your eyes as you ran to the bathroom and cried quietly in the stall.

Wiping off your tears as you got out of the stall to look at yourself in the mirror, "I wish.. I could disappear.. Everyone would be happier.." All hope left your eyes, as you turned on the faucet, washing your face from any evidence that you had cried before walking to your class as the bell was about to ring.

You ignored all the eyes that would stare at you as you walked through everyone and to your seat at the back of the classroom. In your perspective, they all had X's in front of their face (A silent voice reference muahaha that movie made me sob) you couldn't trust anyone. You heard how the students talked and whispered about you, "I heard them crying in the bathroom.. What a crybaby." "Right? Like can they ever shut up.." You tried to ignore their negative remarks, but they still stabbed your heart, making your throat go into a knot. "They're such a waste of space.." "Have you seen their test scores?" "They think those test scores will go away because of those grades? What a dumbass." They're words looped in my head endlessly, feeling daggers on my chest, not being able to comprehend the meaning of life anymore. 'Please.. Shut up..'

Ver had walked into his office, sitting down as he pinched his nose looking up. He took a deep sigh before opening his eyes again, sitting up straight, he noticed a file on his desk, he was about to push it away, until part of the contents caught his interest. It was the results on their exams and their grades, it was a drastic difference. He opened the folder, 'Y/n L/n..' he started reading through the papers, and suddenly his powers activated, Ver closed his eyes and was welcomed with the soul of Y/n, it was black, but deep down inside he knew it was pure.

Lost in the trance of their soul, he got up and decided to deal with the matter himself, even though he was the President, Ver decided to take action by first printing out their schedule, maybe there he can make a small introduction.

Y/n walked to the rooftop, eating by themselves in one of the far corners, the breeze was light and soothing as the warm sun shined over them, even still, the holes in their heart were not recovered.. "Miss Y/n?" They heard a voice call, although Y/n thought it was just their hallucinations until they felt a light tap on the shoulder before a body sat next to them.

I looked to my right, the X was still on his face, he had a small smile, pink-ish black hair slicked to the side of his face, and he wore a fancier uniform than the rest of us. "I'm sorry if I bothered you-" his voice seemed sweet, almost heartwarming, why is he talking to a loser like me?. All I could do was stare at him. "Ver Vermillion, my apologies." Ver smiled the whole time. Y/n looked away before introducing themself, "Do you need something from me..?" They seemed quiet and shy. "I was wondering if you wanted to be friends?" Deep down inside Ver was looking at their Soul color, and looking into them, ".. friends..? A-are you sure you asked the right person..?" I was shocked, no one had ever wanted to be friends, unless they wanted to use me for something.

"Of course I did silly.." He ruffled their hair softly, slowly Y/n looked up and the X on Ver's face started to come off, as soon as that happened, Ver noticed a tint of light, soon going back to a deep black. Lunch was over so they had to leave for their next class. "See you." They waved before rushing off. Ver stared at them leave, slowly looking into their memories, making his eyes widen. He wiped off his slightly watery eyes and walked back to his office.

What he didn't know was that Y/n was still up there, hiding in a compartment. They took the time to take off their shoes and stand on the concrete block, feeling the wind, fresher, "Finally.. I will be ... free..' They closed their eyes, taking a step further.

"Y/N!!'

// the end. Yes im leaving it here. Hope u cried muahaha. I finally post omg its 1k words so like give me some praise , you get longer chapter.. 😮‍💨